We'd love to put your mind at ease while looking for a new opportunity during a pandemic.
Read about how we're supporting #TeamThinkific during COVID-19 and how we've transitioned to working remotely.Are you a passionate talent professional who is energized by coaching others, building engaging cultures, and helping people meet their potential? Can you use your knowledge and experience to help a fast-growing team develop and thrive? Do you approach everything with a people-first mentality? You're looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities-and you'll find that at Thinkific!
As the Talent Development Partner
, you will be a trusted strategic partner, consultant, and coach to dedicated internal teams at Thinkific. You have experience working in HR or People and Culture, but don't subscribe to traditional notions of what "human resources" means-you'll bring a collaborative, consultative, and people-first approach to this role. You'll advise on a wide range of issues including talent management, organizational and team member development, and project and change management. You will act as a partner who supports team members, using your business insight to consult on the execution and improvement of People and Culture strategies. As an advocate for creating the optimal People experience, you will foster, promote, and encourage inclusivity and diversity at all levels of the organization. In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Serve not just as a business partner, but as a coach and consultant to people leaders and team members, acting as an expert on key areas including talent planning, engagement, development and career progression, performance management, and feedback with the goals of building team member capability and capacity and achieving business results
- Partner with people leaders and team members to resolve people-related issues as needed
- Develop strong and sustained working relationships with teams across the company
- Work collaboratively with key partners and stakeholders on our Talent Acquisition and People Operations teams to assess the impact of policies and programs, making improvements and recommendations to ensure consistency across these programs
- Participate in planning and executing various People and Culture-related projects (in areas like onboarding, recognition, gathering team feedback, social events, etc.)
- Proactively assess organizational performance, identify talent gaps, and facilitate the movement of team members within the organization based on operational changes and needs
- Support the growth of our team members through managing professional development requests and grant applications where applicable
- Provide advice and feedback on performance management strategy and objective setting, ensuring that both business needs and individual objectives are taken into account
- Use team member data to gain insights and make recommendations on culture, employee experience, and other people-related programs
- Act as a change agent by developing and executing people engagement strategies that foster a diverse culture where all team members feel valued and included-regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious belief, or status
You might be the person we're looking for if you:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in a Talent Development, HR Generalist, HR Business Partner, or similar role in a fast-paced environment
- Skillfully balance empathy and objectivity. You know how important it is to consider different opinions and sides of the story, and you analyze different perspectives to confidently make decisions that bring people together rather than apart.
- Have experience navigating sensitive or difficult situations and conversations with integrity, discretion, and tact
- Be an exceptional communicator and relationship builder. You are open, accessible, approachable, and an excellent listener, and can quickly build trust across teams and departments.
- Use your critical thinking skills to deal with ambiguity and constant change. You don't expect (or need) step-by-step answers to work toward high level goals, and are comfortable adapting when you receive new information
- Be resourceful and independent-if you don't have the answer to a question right away, you put in the effort to find what you need and ask for help when you need it
- Build influence by proactively identifying new opportunities in the People and Culture realm and finding the resources to execute them
- Demonstrate high levels of humility and introspection-we appreciate the ability to admit mistakes and learn from others
- Strongly identify and resonate with our core values
Bonus points if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow-you've likely had some post-secondary education, have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Are familiar with Radical Candor and are on board with this approach to delivering feedback
- Take a comprehensive approach toward your work, with a keen understanding of the big picture-you're a strategic thinker through and through
- Have a natural tendency to be organized, with outstanding attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Consider yourself flexible and highly adaptable-you likely have some experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment and saw it as an exciting challenge
- Find it easy to strike a balance between taking your work seriously and having a sense of humour-you feel that the old view people have of "HR" needs to change!
- Possess excellent project management skills-you can manage small and large scale programs with tight timelines and multiple stakeholders
- Have earned your coaching certification through an accredited institution
- Have proven success in many of the following areas: career development, organizational psychology, conflict resolution, team building, performance management, meeting and workshop facilitation, and leadership/management development
- Can easily build relationships with customer success teams-you've worked with customer success managers and support teams in the past and know how to get on the same level (or have similar 'deep' experience with other common tech company business units)
- Are passionate about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and/or Corporate Social Responsibility-you may have even built or contributed to programs on these topics in the past
We're about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we've served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day! Why we think you'll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can't wait to meet you!
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work-each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career-offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific's award-winning culture-we're one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too-we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that's right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific-you'll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver's coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they're as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you're most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific's sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work-we're proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
Community and Social Services