Job Description Summary
Looking to work with a dynamic team to help bring talent into Canada's largest biotech? We are looking for a new Talent Acquisition Specialist to work in partnership with STEMCELL hiring managers and the Talent Acquisition Team to source, attract and hire top talent with a focus on the delivery of an exceptional candidate and hiring manager experience. Reporting to the Manager, Recruitment (North America), the Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for full-service recruitment for non-scientific roles (predominantly IT and Technical roles) at STEMCELL and enjoys the challenge of finding qualified talent and working in a collaborative and fast paced environment. The Talent Acquisition Specialist operates as a talent advisor to the business, bringing knowledge and understanding of external markets and sourcing strategies.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides high quality full cycle recruitment including sourcing, screening, behavioural based interview support, reference and background checks and delivery of offers of employment.
- Develops and implements robust recruitment strategies to support STEMCELL's growth objectives. Using data to inform and drive sourcing strategies.
- Leverages technology to drive operational excellence through the optimization of Workday and TalentBrew tools.
- Deliver superior client service. Successfully execute STEMCELL's recruitment process by understanding current and future business needs and providing proactive, day-to-day recruitment services and support.
- Establish effective client relationships at all levels based on trust and provide recruiting related consultation, advice and counsel.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the business, key stakeholders including executives, and the extended HR team (HR Business Partners and HR Operations) to facilitate information sharing during the recruitment process.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with candidates during all phases of the recruitment process to enhance the candidate experience.
- Operates as a talent advisor, bringing an understanding of the external talent market that shapes job design and recruitment strategy.
- Represents STEMCELL in our candidate communities, acting as an ambassador for the organization and attracting new talent.
- Manages candidate communication to ensure a positive and consistent candidate experience.
- Oversee the effective coordination and communication of interview schedules with internal stakeholders and candidates and provide frequent updates as required, resulting in an outstanding candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Manage the recruitment process and related activities using the HRIS system (e.g. Workday) and TalentBrew tools, including recommending improvements to achieve process excellence and maintaining data integrity and accuracy in the Workday system.
- Report on and respond to recruiting related KPIs and metrics to inform the business and to drive recruitment strategies and tactics.
- Builds hiring manager capacity through ongoing coaching and training.
- Alongside Manager, Recruitment helps to foster a high performance team culture through regular communication rhythms (weekly 1:1's, team meetings and huddles) and commitment to team goals.
- Minimum 5 years recruitment experience in a high volume, fast paced environment with a focus on the Technical (IT) market.
- Experience working with an applicant tracking and recruitment marketing systems. Experience with Workday Recruiting or other Tier 1 cloud based systems (Oracle, SuccessFactors) is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated success in recruitment and supporting the full recruitment life cycle.
- Experience of working closely with hiring managers on a wide range of roles.
- Ability to understand key skills in order to appreciate the requirements of each role, aiding good communication with both hiring managers and applicants alike.
- A team-player with proven ability to build strong meaningful relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Customer service oriented with focus on providing a high level of service delivery and partnership.
- Ability to facilitate, influence and negotiate in order to reach consensus, and achieve desired outcomes.
- Comfortable networking, building new relationships and representing STEMCELL in the external scientific and technical communities.
- Agile with the ability to work in an autonomous environment, handle multiple competing priorities and easily adapt to shifting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, time management and project management skills. Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) coupled with strong interpersonal skills both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Experience using social media for recruitment purposes.
- Detail oriented and committed to quality.
- Passion and interest in building pipelines and recruitment brand.
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!