The Ballard People & Culture team is seeking a dedicated and passionate Talent Acquisition Specialist
to join our team. To succeed in this role, you will need to strategically partner with our hiring managers to source, attract and hire top technicians into our fuel cell manufacturing operations. Our recruiters need to be professional, have a high sense of urgency that can focus on delivering an exceptional candidate and hiring manager experience while finding qualified talent.
If you are an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist
who has an eye for talent and passion for high growth environments. You are a proven people influencer and thrive when building relationships. You are hungry to be challenged and fuel growth in highly dynamic team environment. If this sounds like you and you are looking to take your career to the next level, then you might just be our ideal team member. Responsibilities:
- Leverage in-depth knowledge of full cycle recruiting techniques including job posting management, sourcing, conducting interviews, and offer extensions
- Create and manage a world class candidate experience for all applicants
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process for our manufacturing roles
- Build an engaged talent pipeline and recruit through various online channels, such as LinkedIn and other professional networks
- Acquire, report, and leverage competitive intelligence for hard to fill roles
- Establish yourself as our social media "Brand Ambassador" by innovating and promoting the Ballard brand and our Employee Value Proposition
- Develop and maintain meaningful working relationships with third parties such as search firms, job websites, social media, and post-secondary institutions
- Determine selection criteria for candidates by liaising with managers and other members of staff
- Assess candidates' information, including C.Vs., portfolios and references
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events to build a strong candidate pipeline
- Keep records of all materials used for recruitment, including interview notes and related paperwork, to share with key stakeholders
- Understand the talent market in Canada and contribute to innovative hiring strategies that are based on targeted recruiting activities
- Undergraduate degree is preferred or equivalent experience with related training and education. A scientific degree is considered an asset.
- 5-7 years of experience in a high volume, fast paced environment as a Recruiter / Talent Acquisition Specialist within manufacturing industries
- Experience using both internet recruitment sources and Applicant Tracking Systems to source candidates and build talent pipelines
- Strong commitment to both meeting and exceeding assigned quotas
- Customer service oriented with focus on providing a high level of service delivery and partnership.
- Agile, with the ability to work in an autonomous environment, handle multiple competing priorities and easily adapt to shifting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and discretion when handling confidential information
- Hands-on approach with attention to detail, organization, reliability and a "get it done" attitude
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrated ability to be professional, calm, flexible, resilient, solution oriented, and creative
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge of and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellence | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.