Job Description Summary
Are you looking to join an innovative, purpose-driven organization focused on designing cutting edge research instruments? At STEMCELL Technologies, Canada's largest biotechnology company, your work will have a direct and positive impact on advancing scientific research in fields such as cancer, immunology, and tissue engineering. As a Systems Test Engineer, you will contribute to building test cases and will manage testing workload to accommodate timelines for new and existing products at STEMCELL. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a creative, multidisciplinary team and deliver innovative solutions for the biotech industry.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Execute system testing for new and existing instruments (both Research Use Only (RUO) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) products), feed back information on test failures and non-conformances, document and archive test results professionally
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to generate, review and approve test cases to cover product requirements (system and user requirements)
- Coordinate the testing workload and track progress with respect to plan for both sustaining engineering and new product development activities
- Stay on top of trends and best practices in the field of systems testing e.g. automated testing software, test case and requirements management tools, test design techniques
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge of STEMCELL instruments through training and hands-on use
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field with 2-6 years of relevant experience or Master's with less than 4 years of experience
- Proficient in system testing including coding (e.g. C#, C++ or Python) with demonstrated prior experience and knowledge
- Prior experience in writing automated test scripts (e.g. using Ranorex, CucumberStudio, SikuliX, Postman) and working in an Agile environment
- Prior experience with medical devices, embedded systems or laboratory automation instruments would be an asset
- ISTQB certification is preferred
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.