Job Description Summary
Are you looking to join an innovative, purpose-driven organization focused on designing cutting edge research instruments? At STEMCELL Technologies, Canada's largest biotechnology company, your work will have a direct and positive impact on advancing scientific research in fields such as cancer, immunology, and tissue engineering. As a Systems Test Engineer, you will contribute to building test cases and will manage testing workload to accommodate timelines for new and existing products at STEMCELL. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a creative, multidisciplinary team and deliver innovative solutions for the biotech industry.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Execute system testing for new and existing instruments (both Research Use Only (RUO) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) products), feed back information on test failures and non-conformances, document and archive test results professionally
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to generate, review and approve test cases to cover product requirements (system and user requirements)
- Coordinate the testing workload and track progress with respect to plan for both sustaining engineering and new product development activities
- Stay on top of trends and best practices in the field of systems testing e.g. automated testing software, test case and requirements management tools, test design techniques
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge of STEMCELL instruments through training and hands-on use
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field with 2-6 years of relevant experience or Master's with less than 4 years of experience
- Proficient in system testing including coding (e.g. C#, C++ or Python) with demonstrated prior experience and knowledge
- Prior experience in writing automated test scripts (e.g. using Ranorex, CucumberStudio, SikuliX, Postman) and working in an Agile environment
- Prior experience with medical devices, embedded systems or laboratory automation instruments would be an asset
- ISTQB certification is preferred
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!