Systems Operator - L2
Job ID GROP187 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com
Global Relay is looking for a motivated and diligent Systems Operator - L2 to join our growing IT Operations team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in Operational (day-to-day) support, maintenance and service management of all SaaS compute infrastructure, Corporate Services, application support, incident resolution, change and problem management, as well as contributing to the on-going evolution of all IT Operations support services and tools.
This individual will work closely within the IT Operations team to continually build, enhance, and maintain high delivery of service excellence. Role Responsibilities:
- Liaise between IT Operations and Development teams to identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and prioritize work requests as they arise
- Manage and administer incident, problem, and service requests efficiently and effectively including management of client expectations for delivery of any requested work
- Monitor and review dashboards, logs, and critical alerts to ensure system issues are identified, escalated, and addressed as quickly as possible
- Provide ongoing operational support and work closely with team members on incident management to resolution
- Work closely with Operations and Development teams to identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct system related issues, as they arise
- Support root cause analysis, investigations, and follow-up on action items
- Provide support to business users and key stakeholders as needed
- Develop and maintain System Operator use guides, runbooks, and other operational documentation as needed
- Log and communicate all activities related to planned and unplanned maintenance and change
- Execution of various daily operational sys admin runbooks involving regular support and maintenance tasks
- Support and assist in the provisioning of physical and virtual servers, including installation and configuration of operating systems
- Ability to contribute to on-going continuous improvement through automation, scripting, or other means
- Ability and willingness to work in an environment which requires 24x7x365 support
- 2-5 years knowledge and working experience with Linux
- 2-5 years enhanced knowledge and work experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- 2-5 years of troubleshooting knowledge and working experience covering workstation, server, network, and typical office environment applications
- 2-5 years of knowledge and enhanced scripting capabilities (PowerShell, Python, Perl, Bash)
- Experience with OpenSource software and/or service management tools and applications (Salt, Satellite, Puppet, Zabbix, Ancible, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, WSUS, SCCM, Office Suite applications (client and server side)
- Previous experience working in an environment with formally structured IT Operational processes including work request ticket management, incident management, change management, problem management
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed
- Ability to adapt to change and work well under pressure
- Ability to multitask and manage numerous projects
- Ability to take on internal operational initiatives as a prime or lead
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Experience running and supporting a global 24x7 internet based service or product is considered an asset
- Service management certifications such as ITIL will be prioritized
- Technical certifications such as: MCSA, CompTIA A+, Linux+, Network+, VCP will be prioritized
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019