We're looking for a creative Systems / Operation Engineer to work on high-level economic simulations using agent modelling and stepwise differential equations. With the advent of blockchain technology, certain kinds of economic systems can be modelled - and even designed - using traditional numerical modelling techniques. You'll work with a team of experienced systems engineers and product designers working on the cutting-edge of this new field to simulate a variety of economic scenarios. You'll have the freedom and opportunity to explore and uncover the edge cases of a complex and realistic economic system, exposing potentially catastrophic feedback loops before they can cause real economic harm. This work will be instrumental to the development of a cryptoeconomic system which is set for production in the coming year, and you'll help bring it to life!
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A little about us:
CryptoKitties is the world's most successful blockchain game
, accounting at launch for 25% of the traffic on the Ethereum network
. Unlike cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or ether, CryptoKitties are crypto collectibles
that secure ownership of digital art via distributed ledger technology. Since launching, the platform has handled tens of millions of US dollars
in transactions and some of the game's most popular cats have sold for over US$150,000. The cultural phenomenon has been featured by The Wall Street Journal
, The New York Times
, and VICE
We created CryptoKitties to explore the concept of digital scarcity and introduce blockchain technology to everyday consumers, because we want to shape the future of blockchain. Our team of 30+ world class engineers, designers, and product leads set industry standards and pioneer innovative blockchain advancements, including developing a new type of non-fungible token, ERC-721. Recent funding includes investments from leading firms Andreessen Horowitz
and Union Square Ventures
Our team combines creativity and experience to test new ground in game-making--our mission is to inspire delight with the goal of attracting the first billion consumers to the world of blockchain
games and digital assets.A little about us:
A little about you:
- Use simulation tools to run repeated stochastic process-driven numerical experiments for a wide range of environmental conditions and behavioural assumptions.
- Use data analysis tools to evaluate experimental results and make recommendations regarding the assumptions and conditions under which a particular set of incentives will be adequate to achieve the stated goal of the economic system.
- Use data analysis tools to evaluate data collected directly from economic networks to verify that the intended dynamics are emerging and to recommend tuning system parameters as needed.
More about CryptoKitties:
- We believe in processes and the power of planning, but you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
- You have a background in differential equations and their use in system control applications.
- You have a degree in Engineering, Robotics, Operations Research, Economics or related field Masters Level Course work in Optimization and/or Decision Science.
- You have advanced Numerical Computing skills (Python).
- You have advanced Mathematical Analysis skills.
At CryptoKitties we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019