January 2023 Duration:
8 - 12 months Location:
Multiple Teck Coal Operations - Elk Valley, BC Why consider Teck Resources Ltd. for your co-op Placement?
Teck hires more than 200 co-op students each year to work at our various Canadian operations. Teck has been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp Canada's Top Employers program for the past six years, and was included in the Forbes World's Best Employers 2021 list and Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2022 . Teck is also ranked #1 in the Minerals and Mining Industry on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for 12 consecutive years, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies. Innovate with Teck
Digital technologies are redefining our industry and contributing to improvements in every step of the mining process. We improve our efficiency, safety, sustainability and growth by putting smarter ideas to work and crafting advancements in our technology and our practice. At Teck, we embrace new ideas, and employ them. Teck fosters a culture where employees are encouraged to bring ideas forward and implement technologies that can help make us a better company. Professional benefits of working as a co-op with Teck Resources Ltd:
- Our values guide every decision we make as a company and as individual employees. Teck is led by our values of safety, sustainability, integrity, respect, excellence, and courage
- The opportunity to work on exciting projects alongside a team of professionals who are specialists in their respective fields, you will experience a combination of projects in the field as well as in the office
- Competitive salary for our co-ops as well as assistance with travel costs and co-op fees
- Make an impression! Successful co-ops with Teck are given first consideration for professional positions upon graduation
- Working towards an Undergraduate degree in Computer or Software Engineering, Electrical or Systems Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent degree with experience
- Willing to get your hands dirty and at times, work in an industrial environment
- Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment and able to work on site, and drive on site in various weather conditions
Participation in the health and safety programs of Teck to ensure that everyone on site goes home safe and healthy every day Process Engineering Systems (Location: Elk Valley, BC)
Mining Systems (Location: Elk Valley, BC)
- Supporting industrial Control Systems across Teck, Systems that are critical to plant operations, water treatment and Environmental compliance
- Exposure to industrial networking, PLC and ctrl system hardware, HMI software along with lots of Windows troubleshooting and end user interaction
- Exposure to OT security practices; interest and experience in networking and cybersecurity would be an asset
- Requires minimal programming with some scripting (SQL, Powershell), with a larger portion of the role with Windows Desktop and server administration
- Creative problem solving, good communication and organizational skills and requires working at operations in an industrial environment
- Develops and supports technologies on mining equipment (Haul trucks, drills, shovels, loaders etc.)
- Responsible for the maintenance of applications that are interactive with the operators to collect data/analytics that are used to improve operations
- Supporting and testing cutting edge compute platforms before deployment
- Key skills are Software Development using C#, Python, VB .NET, Scripting for SQL Server, Shell and PowerShell, Source Control experience would be an asset
- Requires basic knowledge of Windows Desktop and server operating systems, virtualization, Active Directory and experience with Linux operating systems would be an asset
All students will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing prior to commencing work. Proof of a valid work permit will also be required, if applicable. Lifestyle
At Teck, we have a variety of flexible schedules that can offer you a work life balance. Teck also offers the chance to live and work in some of the world's most amazing locations where year-round local attractions and recreational choices are unlimited for the outdoor enthusiast! We have world-class mountain biking, skiing, hiking and fly fishing all at your doorstep. How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting student work term opportunity, please include your resume and unofficial transcripts as part of your online application.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
#LI-SS1 Job Segment:
Entry Level Engineer, Coal Mining, Systems Engineer, Sustainability, Engineering, Mining, Energy