Our team is looking for a highly motivated forward-thinking systems engineer to contribute to the system engineering activities required to establish detailed technical baselines for our systems and drive these systems through to successful delivery and into operations. You will be part of a team that is responsible for the development and delivery to NATO of the Functional Services for Command and Control of Maritime Operations (TRITON).
As a systems engineer, you will have the opportunity to establish ownership and demonstrate your abilities in all phases of the system life-cycle. Your talents will be recognized and rewarded with opportunities for career and personal growth in an organization dedicated to success in a team environment. Responsibilities
- Create engineering solutions that are attractive to our customers, meet the customer&rsquo s stated requirements and their operational needs, and are price competitive and cost-effective.
- Conduct working sessions to understand our customers&rsquo objectives, requirements and constraints.
- Manage design integrity and compliance with requirements specifications.
- Establish concept of operations, system specifications, system interfaces.
- Apply specialty engineering design disciplines to creatively address our customer&rsquo s requirements.
- Conduct structured reviews of system engineering deliverables.
- Conclude requirements elaboration and reviews with the establishment of technical baselines.
- Work with our customer to control change over the technical baselines.
- Support the preparation of and updates to engineering management plans.
- Monitor and resolve customer concerns as design, implementation, integration and test progress.
- Produce user interface specifications, ICDs, UI Wireframes and user stories for the development team.
- Support integration, system and acceptance testing.
- Collaborate with the customer regarding change control over each baseline.
- A University Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years&rsquo experience in systems engineering.
- Proven ability to focus on the customer, understand their needs, participate in reviews of their deliverables and deliver results.
- Possess progressive analytical skills and innovative systems level solutioning capability required for defining large, complex, mission critical systems.
- Extensive knowledge of the full system or product life cycle, the system engineering discipline, and how the system engineering discipline is applied successfully to each phase.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, problem solving abilities, and technical execution strengths.
And some combination of the following experience and skills:
- Open-source geospatial software and Geospatial data services (e.g. GDAL/OGR, GeoServer, PostGIS, OpenLayers, Leaflet, OGC standards, etc).
- Command and Control of Maritime Operations Domain
- Ability to pro-actively identify and manage risks.
- Persuasive yet diplomatic, excellent negotiation skills, and committed to success.
- Engineering design disciplines (reliability, maintainability, availability, security).
- UX design, principles and ability to create UI wireframes.
- Experience writing user stories.
- Ability to work within a large organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs.
- Requirements management tools, such as DOORS or Requisite-Pro.
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision-making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile