This is a job description for a System Engineer (Systems Engineer II - L5) role. The job description is seeking to pool candidates with strong experience administering Windows Server systems in a virtual environment.
Amazon is seeking a hardworking and adaptable applicant to support a confidential project that provides key insight to our strategic planners and decision makers. We are looking for someone that will embrace the challenge of problem solving and enjoys working with people.
The Systems Engineer will work with our team to provide support for a wide range of IT systems and services. You will get the opportunity to work on AWS technologies and services. As a Systems Engineer, you will work in a fast-paced environment, interact with a globally disbursed workforce, and apply your technical knowledge to solve issues that will span multiple IT environments. You will be responsible for system engineering, administration, and tickets on hardware, software, OSs, and applications.
• Windows Server engineering, administration, and support
• Configure, install, upgrade, patch, and troubleshoot Windows systems
• Perform administrative tasks for AWS and SaaS technologies (Office 365)
• Execute change management, maintenance, and support tasks
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, and respond to emergent IT events
• Perform software and hardware configuration, manage virtual desktops, and build technical solutions
• Respond to technical failures and requests, per on-call schedule
• Support projects, create SOPs, and serve as an escalation point for technical and support issuesBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4 years configuring, administering, and supporting Windows systems in a virtual enterprise production environment
• 4 years supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
• Expert knowledge of IT/Networking concept (DNS, TCP/IP, Email, HTTP, HTTPS)
• Expert Windows Server experience (Active Directory, Group Policy, Patching, PowerShell)
• 4 years administering virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMware, Virtual Machines)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Preferred Qualifications
• Knowledge of AWS, Azure, Google and SaaS (Office 365)
• Expert Windows PowerShell scripting and automation skills
• Basic Linux knowledge and skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.