Are you passionate about technology and solving hard problems? Do you want to grow your skills as you help us grow and scale the world's largest and leading cloud computing service? Do you want to make history and have fun doing it? If so, Amazon Web Services Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) is looking for people just like you! EC2 is at the core of AWS services and we are growing every day to meet the demands of our business as we continue to scale.
We at EC2 Fleet Health and Server Management family are responsible for writing software for delivering the best possible host lifecycle experience, managing our ever-growing multi-billion-dollar in-fleet hardware for most optimum utilization, and expanding AWS footprint in many new regions every quarter.
We are looking for top system engineers to join a talented, innovative team to help us manage how we maintain and grow one of the largest server fleets in the world.
Candidate must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• 2+ years Linux Operating System experience
• 2+ years plus of distributed system management experience
• 1+ year(s) developing system management / automation software in Perl, Python, Ruby, or Java
• Fundamental Computer Science knowledge, including experience in applying common algorithms, data structures and design patternsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
• Experience operating large scale systems
• Experience in a 24/7 production environment
• Knowledge of databases like MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, or MongoDB
• Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch and maintain services
• Passion for providing a great customer experience
• Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills
A high degree of organization and be very detail-oriented
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and a proven documentation methodology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.