West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX and has been rated one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For
and as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers
for five years. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Information Technology team has anopportunity in Quesnel or Vancouver, BC for a:Systems Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for directory services including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and LDAP. Additionally, the Systems Engineer is responsible for the architecture and security of Active Directory. The Systems Engineer team is responsible for West Fraser’s enterprise password repository, rights control, and certificate services for all elements of West Frasers IT connected systems. This individual is part of a team of engineers responsible for West Fraser’s Private Cloud, West Fraser’s Microsoft hosted services and cybersecurity incident response. Further, the Systems Engineer team is responsible for resolving Tier 3 issues as well as resolving and remediating incidents as directed by the cybersecurity Incident Response Team.
A key function of the Engineer’s role will be to contribute to the group’s technology roadmap for the organization. The technology roadmap outlines Corporate IT Technology strategy along with the underlying enabling technologies that will facilitate West Frasers overall business and manufacturing objectives, both current and near term.Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate:
- Timely response to issues affecting directory services
- Effective implementation of Microsoft best practices for the architecture and security of Active Directory
- Effective oversight of the management and maintenance of Active Directory, certificate services and related services
- Responsible for ensuring a viable business continuity approach for the West Fraser’s directory services
- Responsible for oversight for design, implementations and management of West Fraser’s Microsoft hosted services
- Effective administration of the AD-dependent enterprise password repository and rights control processes
- Work closely with members of the Incident Response Team to remediate all security incidents as directed
- Work closely with the major IT department groups on both reactive and proactive security remediation tasks and projects
- Work with storage and compute administrators to determine strategies to meet business requirements for West Frasers Private cloud and other service providers
- Create and oversee the maintenance of documentation as it relates to directory services, rights control, and other solutions architected for West Fraser
- Conduct research on services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments within the industry
- As directed, work with and manage vendors and contractors
- Must be able to work well in an environment that can present rapidly developing and evolving situations requiring reactive remediation or containment strategies
- Must be able to quickly identify the scope and impact of incidents on the organization at both the enterprise and divisional levels in order to determine an appropriate response
- Have eight or more years of enterprise level systems work experience as a systems administrator or engineer
- Have strong knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure and cloud technologies is a requirement
- Have knowledge of networking routing, protocols and standards
- Have knowledge of current Citrix technologies in an enterprise setting
- Have awareness of Linux environments and administration
- Have strong problem-solving and organisational skills
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Be highly motivated and self-directed
- Must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other team members
- Have a valid driver’s license
This position will require occasional travel in Canada and to and from the United States of America.
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Our Vancouver office is located in the heart of the city on Beatty Street, within walking distance to both Yaletown and Gastown. All West Fraser employees have complimentary access to the gym located in our building. A Starbucks is also conveniently located on our first floor.If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.