Job Description Summary
STEMCELL Technologies is continuing to grow and we're looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to build, operate, and improve systems and technologies for STEMCELL's staff and customers! The role is a collaborative one with a focus on helping enable our staff and customers getting business users their data and allowing them flexibility to do their analysis as needed.
As the organization grows, so will the role. This requires someone who is an excellent problem solver, able to organize their work, be transparent, and a good communicator.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop & maintain cloud-based applications, tools and services supporting STEMCELL's staff and customers
- Own the end-to-end lifecycle of your tools & services, including responding-to and debugging production issues across services, and taking proactive action to prevent future problems
- Embed into corporate technology and project teams as a subject matter expert to design, deliver and maintain new systems or applications
- Partner with other technology teams to develop and improve design and operating best-practices. Explore and advocate for new methods and technologies
- Respond to emergencies and system failures including after-hours problems; lead troubleshooting & resolution of escalated issues
- We are looking for you to have 3+ years of experience in a systems engineering or DevOps role including demonstrated experience building and running one or more large-scale web applications
- A background in systems administration and operations, including fluency across a number of infrastructure technologies
- Exposure or experience to automation or infrastructure-as-code technologies (Terraform, Python, CloudFormation)
- Excellent problem-solving skills to efficiently resolve root issues, including demonstrated experience leading troubleshooting and resolving full-stack problems
- AWS Associate or Professional designation
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!