Do you want to own cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn't exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes?
The Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) owns Amazon's global inventory planning and fulfillment systems. SCOT decides what, when, who, where, and how much inventory to buy in order to meet customer needs as well as Amazon's business goals. SCOT optimizes transportation and fulfillment plans to help our Customers get what they need, as fast as possible. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. See this short video for more info: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot.
The Fulfillment Availability Team is part of SCOT and we own several core systems that are at the foundation of Amazon's fulfillment pipeline and supply chain. We track inventory signals globally, in real time, and provide transactionally precise data on top of robust and asynchronous systems. We manage the complex graphs, constraints, and rules that define the Amazon fulfillment network and how things move through. We enable fulfillment of anything everywhere.
As a part of a close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative, you will work with a wide variety of cutting edge technologies and help building new services, improve processes and infrastructure. Scalability, latency, and customer experience are our top priorities as the business grows.
In your role as DevOps Engineer you will:
• Continuously strive for operational excellence by seeking to automate away manual processes. Enhance current automation tools and introduce automation to replace manual processes.
• Design and implement tools that build and deploy infrastructure and services residing in multiple AWS regions around the world
• Write applications to monitor service health, perform log analysis, and automate recovery
• Work with the latest AWS technology and tools with access to all of Amazon's internal resources.
• Create services that can successfully run over any hardware/OS.
• Uphold a high standard of code quality and operational excellence.
• Administer, monitor, and deploy large scale data systems and services on AWS.
• Drive initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to enhance capacity, feature set, availability, reliability, and performance.
• Perform cost review of existing resources; assess opportunities for reducing costs or infrastructure footprint.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
• 5+ years of overall software development, cloud technical support, or Linux SysAdmin/DevOps experience with a track record of building high performance, high availability applications
• 3+ years of automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure
• 3+ years of experience with various AWS technologies (e.g. ECS, ELB, S3, AutoScaling, IAM, Lambda, CDK, etc)
• 3+ years of experience developing CI/CD workflows and tools
• 3+ years of scripting and/or programming experience (e.g. shell, Perl, Shell, Python, Ruby, etc)
• Hands-on experience with micro-services and distributed application architecture (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Fargate)
• Networking knowledge: TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, load balancing, firewall, DHCP, Syslog, etc
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team to create exceptional value. Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Relevant AWS Certification or equivalent practical experience
• In-depth understanding of application security and experience implementing it
• Relevant experience in a company with large, complex data sources, and service-oriented architectures
• Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases
• Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, Elasticsearch, Kibana
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.