Systems Development Engineer I
Reference ID: 561866
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 0M3
Amazon is looking for talented Systems Development Engineers to join our team in Vancouver, Canada. Our services provide fast, reliable and inexpensive content delivery and DNS to customers around the world, through a massively scalable, distributed infrastructure deployed on over 50 edge locations worldwide. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high caliber team tackling interesting and challenging problems in one of the most innovative technology companies anywhere. Amazon offers a stimulating work environment and plenty of opportunities to develop your technical leadership and grow your career.
Our team plays a key role in the availability of our services and making sure customer traffic is protected. We constantly innovate on behalf of our customers by automating and improving operations and making the most efficient use of hardware resources.
As a Systems Development Engineer, you will:
• Design, build and operate our internet-scale infrastructure
• Quickly respond to emergent issues and troubleshoot them down to the full root cause.
• Relentlessly improve the quality of our operations, monitoring and tools.
• Build automation that enables our work to scale to the needs of our growing infrastructure
Salary Range: $81,994 to $124,700/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
With very strong technical credentials, you are at home working in a tight-knit team of shared ownership. Among your professional strengths you have:
• A proven track record of building and operating large scale 24/7 environments.
• Strong Linux experience from provisioning to performance tuning, and a solid grasp on operating system fundamentals.
• Internet-facing networking and troubleshooting experience (DNS, TCP/IP, Routing), preferably with hands on experience with routers, switches and load-balancers.
• Experience with a modern scripting language (Python or Ruby for example) and using it to automate repetitive operational load.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another technical discipline, and at least 1 year of work experience in the same or similar roles
Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments.
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019