Posting Date: November 22, 2022
Position Title: Systems Architect
Organization: Integrated Cadastral Information Society (ICI Society)
Salary: $98,000.00 (includes 15% in-lieu of benefits)
Job Status: Full-time Position
Location: Victoria, BC
Closing Date: January 15, 2023
Website: www.icisociety.caOrganizational Profile:
The Integrated Cadastral Information Society (ICI Society), incorporated in May 2001 and registered under the BC Societies Act as a non-profit organization, is comprised of Municipal Governments, Regional Districts, First Nations, the Provincial Government, BC Assessment, the Land Title and Survey Authority and many of the major utilities across British Columbia. The Society works to facilitate collaborative integration of member's shared geospatial data for the social and economic benefit of British Columbia. The Society has developed its own highly customized Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) suite of tools known as GeoShare, to facilitate the acquisition and distribution of member data.Position Description:
The Systems Architect will have extensive experience in Enterprise System Management and will possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills. The Systems Architect will have a solid understanding of database structures, middle tier software, enterprise security, operating systems and corresponding hardware. The Systems Architect provides expertise in all areas of infrastructure support including, but not limited to, Infrastructure management, web services, data portal, website, spatial database management and a variety of member services.
The Systems Architect reports directly to the ICI Society Director of Operations. Accountabilities/Deliverables:
• Manages infrastructure projects to ensure that all project timelines, budget estimates and project reporting are accurate and up to date.
• Identifies appropriate hardware and software for specific application requirements.
• Directs and works closely with contracted system administrators.
• Evaluates new technologies.
• Ensures that appropriate system security measures are implemented, maintained, and upgraded as required.
• Administers the Society's software licenses and hardware maintenance contracts
• Installs, configures, and upgrades GIS infrastructure software and related products.
• Develops and implements application deployments and migration strategies.
• Develops capacity plans and budget estimates to support future projects and system upgrades.
• Coordinates production outages following established change release standards.
• Engages vendor support as required to resolve complex issues.
• Programming and scripting to support monitoring and quality assurance of various systems and custom application development.
• Prototypes and assess software, hardware and services that may enhance the Society's service offerings to its members.
• Helps maintain IT infrastructure and documentation ensuring that it is accurate and up to date.
• Liaises with ICI Society members, organizes and documents user needs' assessments and manages all phases of user acceptance testing.
• Provides user support for all member services.
• Participates in team meetings and adheres to all operational reporting requirements.
• Prepares technical correspondence and briefing notes for the various ICI Society stakeholders as required.
• Maintains process and procedure documentation for direct areas of responsibility.
• Responsible for being an active ICI Society team member. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience installing and configuring ArcGIS Enterprise, including ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, Enterprise Geodatabase (ArcSDE) and ArcGIS Web Adapter.
• Experience installing and configuring Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience with Microsoft IIS Web Server.
• Experience with Web Services and ESRI's Web Mapping Application configuration and management.
• Familiarity with Windows Server operating systems.
• Knowledge of LDAP concepts and Microsoft Active Directory.
• Demonstrated understanding of virtual environments such as VMWare.
• Experience with Safe Software's FME Server and FME Workbench would be an asset.
• Project management experience with small to medium sized projects.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with multi-tasking capabilities.
• Experience with change management and incident tracking and resolution.
• Ability to be flexible within the work environment and work alone or as a team player.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and effectively prioritize.
• Strong communication skills.
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
with subject line "Systems Architect - Application". In your response, please detail in bullet-point fashion how your skills align to each of the noted qualification criteria.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: January 15, 2023Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level