Job Description Summary
This role is a member of the Information Services team, and is responsible for the maintenance and operation of mission-critical systems and tools used by STEMCELL teams. A successful Systems Analyst at STEMCELL does much more than plug computers together or track changes. They are instrumental in operating and supporting applications and systems to meet the needs of our global staff. This role is additionally responsible for escalation support of critical issues, and mentoring other IS service team members in strong operating practices.
We are looking for a Systems Analyst to join our energetic, fast-moving and passionate team. This role is based in Vancouver, Canada and reports to the Manager, Information Services. This role will include working with colleagues in Europe and the Asia Pacific region.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the global Information Services team, this role is expected to proactively operate and administer STEMCELL's enterprise-wide applications and shared-services such as Active Directory, productivity & communications tools. This includes monitoring and responding to system status notifications, and taking proactive action to minimize potential outages.
- Triage and respond-to support escalations from other members of the global Support team. Take ownership for issue resolution, including escalation of critical issues to senior management and staff. Work with your global colleagues from other teams to identify and resolve the root causes of recurring issues
- Drive operational excellence! Assess and lead improvements to systems and processes to ensure reliability, security and scalability.
- Proactively plan and perform regular scheduled maintenance, including updating documentation as required.
- Contribute to the development, documentation, and maintenance of global IT standards and practices.
- Create and maintain useful documentation, both for technical audiences and for business groups. Empower STEMCELL staff with secure, reliable and scalable applications and services, and enable them with the knowledge needed to utilize them
- Participate in corporate projects with other technical disciplines within STEMCELL to design and develop tools and solutions to meet the needs of internal business teams.
- Work with the IS Security team to promote and maintain information security practices and systems throughout STEMCELL to safeguard the company, employees and systems.
- Collaborate with other IS team members to drive improvement to our operations and support practices. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and champion the exploration of new methods and technologies
- As required, respond to emergencies and system failures including after-hours problems; including participation in troubleshooting & resolution of critical issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Nice to have qualifications or experience:
- 5+ years of experience in the IT field
- 3+ years of experience in a systems operations, engineering or DevOps role
- Substantial experience in an IT support role, including demonstrated experience leading troubleshooting and resolution of complex problems.
- Experience operating production workloads within AWS would be an asset
- Degree or diploma in a technology related discipline, or a mix of industry certifications & strong experience
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills to efficiently resolve root issues
- Strong organizational and time management skills accompanied by good judgment in order to prioritize, manage and work with limited guidance in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Thrive in a high paced environment with multiple competing priorities
- Exhibit an excellent customer service focus, strive to deliver the best service to our staff.
- Confident, results-oriented individual; lead by example and demonstrate a 'can do' attitude.
- Exposure to good security practices
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Work experience in a regulated industry like life sciences or finance
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics