CounterPath is more than softphones. We’re more than a growing tech company. We pride ourselves in being world-class engineers, marketers, designers, builders, mentors and industry disruptors.
We believe that technology will truly revolutionize how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations with powerful communication tools that are secure, yet flexible for elastic business needs and a growing mobile workforce. We believe our people are key to success.
We’re looking for a proactive, customer centric Systems Administrator to join our team. In this role you’ll maintain the overall performance of our multifaceted workstation environment and underlying infrastructure. We’re looking for someone who has hands-on experience with a large variety of software and hardware components – and who can jump right in with installing, configuring, and optimizing network hardware, software, and communication links to support our globally distributed team. Our ideal candidate is a fast learner and solid problem solver.
About the Job
- Install, configure, and optimize network hardware, software, and communication links to support our globally distributed team
- Collaborate with greater IT team to provide strategic and tactical solutions for IT across all locations
- Participate in design, installation, administration, and troubleshooting of core system technologies
- Monitor network and server usage and perform preventative measures
- Ensure the security of the company network
- Maintain detailed and up to date documentation of company infrastructure
- Provide first-rate internal support and excellent customer service to all departments within the organization
- Provide on-call and after-hours support as required to ensure 24x7 operation
- Follow all standard operating procedures and policies and all company and departmental guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or a related degree, or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in systems and network management
- Proven experience in the installation, configuration and maintenance of networking hardware including routers, firewalls, gateways and switches, including Cisco and Linux networking devices
- Experience in configuration, and administration of Windows and Linux server
- Experience with IIS as well as LAMP setup and configuration
- Virtualization environment management
- Experience with VoIP technologies
- Good knowledge of scripting technologies
- Self-starter and team player, able to take ownership of projects and environments
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skill
- Fast learner, creative problem solver
- Friday Socials
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks
- Registered Massage Therapist that comes to the office
- Company sponsored events (including but not limited to BBQs, Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties)
- Available games tables and media entertainment
- RRSP Matching Program
- Hero and Values Recognition Program
- Hiring Incentive Program
- Gym and Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Sun Run Team (Vancouver)
- Wellness Challenge
- Family Benefits (i.e. Maternity and Paternity Top Up)
With 24 patents under our belt and 20 million downloads of our flagship product Bria, we’re changing the face of telecommunications. Our team is diverse. We’re FIFA Certified Soccer Coaches, Pilots, and Musicians. But what brings us together every day is the love for our technology and the passion for our team’s success.
We offer a flexible, results focused work environment with generous compensation plans that include employee stock purchase program, retirement savings, and a healthy extended health plan.