BCNET is a not-for-profit, shared information technology (IT) services organization led, owned, governed and funded primarily by its members, British Columbia's higher education and research institutions. BCNET facilitates a unique, collaborative culture that promotes inter-institutional partnerships to explore, evaluate and develop shared IT service solutions for mutual technology challenges.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a collaborative fast paced team environment. This is a term employment to deliver on a set of exciting network infrastructure projects. The ideal candidate has a desire to work with the BC higher education sector, a self-starter, and passionate about achieving goals through detailed attention and planning.
Systems Administrator, Information Technology
Manager, Information Technology
The Systems Administrator is responsible for implementation, maintenance of all elements of BCNET’s multiplatform physical and virtual servers, appliances and firewalls. Ensure the security of the BCNET infrastructure working with BCNET’s ISO and using best practices. Use and implement server management tools to monitor and create baseline performances. Maintain and verify the integrity of backups of BCNET infrastructure. Assist BCNET’s Network Services, Client Services, Shared Systems and Technology as required. Document work through helpdesk and change management software and other means.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the BCNET Manager, Information Technology and as a member of the IT team, provide second and third level operational support to ensure the stability and service levels of the BCNET server infrastructure;
- Monitors server infrastructure activity and connectivity, troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves server infrastructure problems;
- Assesses server infrastructure problems and develops solutions and implementation plans for resolutions with vendor equipment or software suppliers and maintains a peer technical expertise liaison with vendors and suppliers;
- Advises and makes recommendations to the technical life cycle planning of the BCNET server infrastructure and its effects on network services;
- Employs technical expertise and represents BCNET and Network Services, Client Services, Shared Systems and Technology in developing, maintaining, and communicating solutions with BCNET staff and customers;
- Utilize existing toolsets to perform server or appliance installations, troubleshooting and documentation tasks;
- Works independently to see operational projects to completion and works collaboratively with peers and team members to meet objectives;
- Participates in the development of best practices, standards, procedures and quality objectives across the infrastructure and platforms;
- Maintains appropriate professional designations and up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools;
- May be required to provide after hours on-call support on a rotational basis and be available off-hours to work on emergency server infrastructure problems, maintenance, or project activities.
Qualifications and skills
- Technology diploma/degree from an accredited institution and 6-10 years of progressive experience administering Linux and Windows systems
- Expertise in LDAP, Active Directory, Radius, DHCP, DNS.
- Excellent understanding of LAMP configuration.
- Strong understanding of networking and distributed computing environment concepts
- Familiar with fundamentals of IT security, hardening practices, and security management tools.
- System failure analysis and recovery. Ensuring system consistency and integrity.
- Experience in scripting and command line tools in UNIX and Linux using administrative languages such as Perl and Shell scripting.
- Monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts using commercial, open source, and locally developed monitoring tools.
- Well versed in working in an environment requiring strong Change Control processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with VMware vAPP, NSX or other virtual environments would be an asset.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize, track and manage issues to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of desktop applications (Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Strong understanding Database systems (i.e. Mysql, PosgreSQL, Microsoft SQL)
- Experience in effectively presenting technical solutions to customers
- Microsoft Windows automation facilities (i.e. PowerShell, DSC)
- Familiarity with Jira, Wiki, Confluence and Puppet applications.
- Automation tools (i.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience working within the higher education sector.
Posted: February 15, 2018
Closes:April 16, 2018