Systems Administrator - Linux
Job ID GROP191 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com .
Global Relay is looking for a motivated and diligent Systems Administrator - Linux to join our growing IT Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in server maintenance, application deployments, support and maintenance of IT Operations support tools, as well as incident, change, and problem management.
This individual will work closely with all members of the IT Operations team to continually build, enhance, and maintain highly available systems and applications. As well as provide Tier 2/3 support and maintenance of all compute infrastructure, coordinate activities for larger Operational initiatives, and explore opportunities for enhancement leveraging automation. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Operations and Development teams to identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct system related issues as they arise
- Monitor and review dashboards, logs, and critical alerts to ensure system issues are identified, escalated, and addressed as quickly as possible
- Participate in incident response and work closely with fellow team members on resolution activities as needed
- Daily operational support and maintenance of all Infrastructure and Operations components and services
- Self-management of all assigned work request tickets efficiently and effectively including management of client expectations for delivery of requested work
- Provisioning of physical and virtual servers, including installation and configuration of operating systems
- Support root cause analysis, investigations, and follow-on on action items
- Participate and support change management activities
- Provide support to business users and key stakeholders as needed
- Write, support and maintain all Operations use guides, run books, how to's, MoP's, and knowledge base documentation as needed
- Support the management of the compute infrastructure for Capacity Management, Resource Availability, and Asset Planning
- Support and evolve the monitoring and review of system dashboards, and critical alerts to ensure system issues are identified, escalated, and addressed as quickly as possible
- Evaluate, support, and determine opportunities for implementation of automation
- Project Coordination responsibilities for assigned Operations projects or large scale initiatives
- 3-5 years' of Systems Administration experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience, with Systems Administration Support within a Data Center Software Development environment
- In depth experience installing, configuring, and administering Linux operating systems, specifically CentOS
- In-depth experience provisioning, maintaining, and supporting virtual machines (VM) in a VMWare environment
- Experience with OpenSource software and/or service management tools/applications (Satellite, Puppet, IDM, Ansible, Zabbix, Openstack, JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience working in an environment with formally structured IT Operational processes including work request ticket management, incident management, change management, problem management
- Scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash and/or PowerShell
- Proven ability to self-manage and balance assigned work meeting deliverables as scheduled
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting & resolving complex technical problems, management reporting, documentation (How To, Processes and procedures, Method of Procedures)
- Full understanding of networking/firewall concepts and their role within an application development environment
- Strong problem solving skills and resourcefulness
- Strong organization skill and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently in an effective and organized manner in a complex and challenging environment
- In-depth experience working in an environment with formally structured IT Operational processes: work request ticket management, incident management, change management, problem management
- Ability to take on internal operational initiatives as the owner and coordinator for Projects or large scale items
- ITSM Framework certifications such as ITIL, Sigma, SIAM or Methodology certifications such as Agile, Scrum, and DevOps
- Experience running and supporting a global 24x7 internet based service or product
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.