Paladin Security has an exciting opportunity to gain experience with a large organization, leading and delivering high-profile corporate IT projects for Canada's largest full-service security provider! We are seeking a System Support Specialist with practice help-desk experience to provide our teams across North American with operational and technical support.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate I.T., our System Support Specialist will maintain, monitor, and support new hardware deployments, and perform periodic system audits to ensure compliance and availability. As many of our users work at other branch locations, our System Support Specialist must be comfortable working with remote access tools. Additionally, as our users span North America, our team and this role have flex hours to support all time zones, along with after-hours support.
- Provide hardware, software, and connectivity support to end-user equipment (e.g. desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile equipment), while ensuring adherence to Corporate IT standards.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot PC system hardware and software
- Manage Active Directory / Exchange / Office365 user accounts
- Maintain asset inventory
- Malware and virus removal
- Travel to customer sites may be required periodically
- Maintain knowledge of and acquire new skills in technologies which add value to areas of direct responsibility
- Participate in after-hours support schedule and flex hours as needed
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a technical help desk or similar environment, including experience dealing with vendors to open and resolve tickets
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service mindset
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Basic router and switch knowledge
- Post-secondary education in a related field would be considered an asset
- Current MCSA, A+, and Network+ certification would be considered an asset
- Experience working with: Active Directory, Mobile Device Management, Windows Server Backup, Windows XP/7/8/10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Office365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Team, SharePoint), VMware 6.x (Restart VM services, or Restart VM), IOS, and Android Operating Systems
About Paladin Security
Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offerin...Read More