MDA is a world leading provider of earth observation satellite ground systems focused on the acquisition, processing, archiving, and discovery of huge volumes of space-based imagery. Working in multidisciplinary and multi-level teams in an ever changing world, we deliver leading-edge technical, operational, and commercial solutions to commercial and government customers around the globe. Our mission critical systems provide the Earth Observation infrastructure that drives operational success and enables our customers to effectively utilize their space-based imagery. Building on 40 years of success in satellite earth observation leadership, we are seeking staff to define and deliver the next generation of large, complex earth observation satellite ground systems. Come be a part of the team bringing imagery from the next generation of satellite constellations to the screens of the world. Position Description:
We are looking for a bright and capable System Integrator to join our team in Richmond, BC (Vancouver Lower Mainland). This will be an exciting opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise with a wide variety of technologies and products. You will apply disciplined support processes, and work with and support integrated teams to build, deliver, and support versatile, robust, and high quality ground systems around the world. Successfully supporting our projects will involve broad technical skills, a customer service frame of mind, solid self-management skills, and the professional attitude required to work within large teams and across departments. Travel may be required as you develop your skills. Responsibilities
As a System Integrator, you will have the opportunity to leverage your experience and support our projects over the entire system life-cycle, requirements, design, development, deployment and support. Your talents will be recognized and rewarded with opportunities for career and personal growth in an organization dedicated to success in a team environment. Your responsibilities will include:
- Physical assembly, configuration and deployment of Linux and Windows based information and data processing systems in both physical and virtualized environments, using defined procedures where available.
- Establish, automate, and support deployment of both development and customer environments.
- Support team members in troubleshooting and repair of computing environment issues.
- Define, establish and automate test capabilities.
- Author and maintain internal and customer documentation.
- Specify and procure computer systems
- Identify and fix bugs and issues with procedures, software and hardware components.
- Provide training to customers during onsite installations
- Coordinate technical issue resolution with internal teams, and hardware and software vendors.
- Knowledge and experience in configuring Linux systems.
- Knowledge and experience in configuring Microsoft Windows environments.
- Experience troubleshooting local-area network, client-server systems, firewalls, routers and storage.
- Scripting knowledge and experience for Linux and Windows systems.
Experience and Skills
- DevOps experience (integrated ops, Saltstack, Ansible, Puppet tools, etc.).
- Experience in configuring and supporting databases, such as Oracle, MySQL, Postgres.
- Knowledge of software configuration management tools (Git, ClearCase, Subversion, etc.).
- Technology diploma/degree from an accredited institution or compelling experience for a system admin position.
- Certifications in RedHat, VMWare, and Security would be an asset.
- The ability to prioritize, track and manage issues to completion.
- Keep stakeholders informed of issues, solutions and status.
- Motivation and high capacity for learning and applying new technologies.
- A team oriented approach to solving technical problems within budget and schedule constraints.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of desktop applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Secret level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
For candidates with less than two years of work experience, please include a transcript of your grades with your application.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and include domestic and foreign travel.Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 13, 2017
Closes:November 24, 2017