Systems Engineer II - Amazon Web Services - Vancouver, BC
TSO Logic is a trailblazing new team acquired into the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Migration Services group. Our products and services provide guidance and insights to create an optimized path for migration from on-premise to AWS.
Through highly configurable multi-variate modeling and advanced analytics, our services deliver accurate and intuitive recommendations to right-size and right-cost compute.
Demands for our services are ramping up quickly and we are looking to accelerate our growth. We are seeking a motivated and results-oriented Systems Development Engineer II to join our talented technical team.
The ideal candidate is familiar with on-premises data center concepts and their operations, while also well-versed in native AWS services and infrastructure best practices to help shape our future as we integrate into AWS and build out new technologies. TSO Logic is a highly communicative and collaborative organization and you will work closely with all of our teams to help us achieve our goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
• As we integrate our technology further into AWS, our product will expand and reach deeper into native AWS infrastructure. You will help design, build and maintain our migrating AWS infrastructure as well as our new build-outs.
• Security of our infrastructure and privacy of data is vitally important to everything we do. You will own infrastructure security and compliance and help promote best practices throughout the team.
• We monitor data centers, therefore our test environments need to be representative of modern data centers and the variety of configurations that exist. You will help design, build and maintain our test environments - both virtualized and non-virtualized.
• We believe strongly in CI/CD and high automated test coverage. We are currently undergoing a redesign/rebuild of our code/test/deploy pipeline as we migrate from our extra-Amazon DevOps environments into native services within Amazon. You contribute to the design, build and maintenance of this pipeline.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• Knowledge of data center concepts and operations
• 2+ years experience administering TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
• 2+ years experience and demonstrated high-proficiency in administering infrastructure and services within AWS
• 1+ years implementing automated software testing, scripting, deployment, and performance analysis systems
• Hands on practical experience developing security architectures to support medium-to-large-scale infrastructure with complex information authorization rules and requirementsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience configuring and maintain virtualized infrustructure such as VMware, HyperV or Xen environments
• Experience with SQL scripts and database administration
• Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence