DESCRIPTION Security is an important consideration for customers moving to the cloud, and Amazon Cognito helps customers secure some of the most critical data including credentials of the end users of their mobile or web applications. Amazon Cognito provides easy to use authentication, authorization, and user management for web and mobile apps, either directly with a user name and password, or through a third party identity provider such as Facebook, Google or Amazon. The customer demand is increasing and we are poised to grow the team to add new functionality that will delight all our customers from the developer directly using our service APIs, to the IT administrators managing our customers' identity solutions and finally the end users logging into the customers' apps. We are looking for engineers to join us as we tackle these challenges.
As a System Development Engineer in the Cognito team you will help build, support, scale, and optimize multiple production systems and services. You will be automating building services' stacks in new AWS regions, developing monitoring, software maintenance and configuration solutions, In addition, you will be resolving technical challenges by troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production issues, working alongside development. Your role is critical in enhancing our current software, automation of support processes as well as the internal documentation for all the systems Cognito team manages.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical background, display ownership and high judgement, thrive in ambiguous situations, and be able to juggle multiple tasks while remaining detail-oriented. This role will often require coordination between multiple teams and AWS services.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • BS in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience with system administration and infrastructure management
• 5+ years of experience with developing software or tools
• Demonstrated experience of architecting and building with multiple AWS technologies or similar products
• Basic understanding of common network protocols
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with at least one scripting language (Pearl, Python, Ruby)
• Experience with writing object-oriented code in any programming language
• Experience in troubleshooting software systems
• Experience in building monitoring systems
• Knowledge of best practices in release management
• Experience with agile software development practices
• Experience conducting failure mode analysis in complex distributed systems