We own the Application Auto Scaling service, a key service within Amazon's Compute Cloud (EC2). Application Auto Scaling intelligently and dynamically scales up applications during demand spikes and optimizes cost savings by scaling down when demand lulls. We are building the next generation of Auto Scaling, offering even more "cloud intelligence" to our customers. We build on over 15 years of experience creating and operating the world's largest online retail platform.
What we do makes a difference, and we're not done yet! We are looking for software developers who are passionate about areas like DevOps, SRE and Infrastructure as Code to help us manage our growing list of applications we serve in the cloud. Come join Application Auto Scaling and make a positive impact to our customers!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically three days a month, and also includes solving problems reported by customers. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks.
Key job responsibilities
• Work in an agile team to build and manage massively scaled services.
• Develop infrastructure-as-code software to stand-up large distributed services globally.
• Design fault tolerant, highly available (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) solutions.
• Identify and remove scaling bottlenecks in large-scale distributed systems.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of Software Engineering, DevOps, SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) or Cloud Infrastructure experience.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, Golang, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl.
• Experience in automation via scripting and Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Salt.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
• Systems Engineering/SRE experience in a large, distributed environment focusing on automation.
• Have a genuine love for technology, and a curiosity for playing with the latest tools and frameworks.
• Experience working in an agile software development organization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming