: System Administrator (Permanent) Location
: Greater Vancouver, BC Responsibilities
The Systems Administrator deploys and maintains core IT Infrastructure services, business applications, network, security systems, telephony services, backup and data center environments. The Systems Administrators are the first level to resolve day to day tickets escalated from the IT Service Desk and are responsible for monitoring Infrastructure services. Collaborating with the other teams, the administrator coordinates regular maintenance upgrades and participates in Enterprise projects.
The Systems Administrator provides coaching and mentorship to junior staff, small scale training and presentation to users, and participates in the making of IT policies and procedures to meet regulatory compliance and governance.
- Provides Infrastructure Technical Support and triages tickets escalated to infrastructure support team.
- Responds to and resolves support tickets, and where appropriate, escalate to next level or other support groups.
- Liaises directly with users and collaborates with Service Desk to troubleshoot Infrastructure related issues.
- Supports internal IT teams and third party integration partners to troubleshoot issues related to network, infrastructure core server services, client-server applications, virtual server, virtual desktop environments, security and telephony services.
- Evaluates, deploys and maintains core network and server services, business applications, security services and backup services
- Under guidance of senior IT technical members, participates in the design and implementation of major system architecture projects, including workflows, designs, schedules, test plans, system acceptance criteria and user acceptance criteria.
- Level 1/2 Infrastructure subject matter expert for infrastructure projects: participates in infrastructure projects to install and maintain IT related infrastructure such as network routers, operating systems, security systems, application software, storage and backup solutions.
- Automates processes and workloads on systems for improved efficiency.
- Monitors performance and functions of infrastructure services, initiating pro-active maintenance effort as needed.
- Performs system backups and recovery to ensure systems are meeting recovery objectives.
- Deploys and maintains datacenter environment, wiring (communication) closets, data network, voice network, wired and wireless network and telephone systems
- Installs, maintains and monitors datacenter and communication closet infrastructure equipment such as Server and network racks, UPS, network switches, physical servers and other devices; provides network, remote management connectivity and cable management.
- Monitors operations and environmental controls of datacentre and communication closets, taking preventative maintenance measures as needed.
- Maintains inventory of Infrastructure asset in the datacenters, communication closets and other facilities.
- Level 1 and 2 maintenance of LAN and WAN infrastructure to ensure network connectivity of all workstations
- Sets up, configures and supports office phones; maintains phone server backend systems and escalates issues to third-party support as needed
- Performs other related duties/projects as assigned
- Completion of recognized industry certification(s) with emphasis on servers, storage, network and cloud technologies in Microsoft, Linux, VMWare, Citrix, Linux, Juniper Networks, Cisco Networks, Palo Alto Firewall, Azure and AWS.
- ITIL 3 or above certifications.
- Four plus (4+) years of combined experience covering the following areas:
- Desktop support in client-services and cloud environments;
- System administration of servers, network and IP telephony technologies, primarily in areas of enterprise server services, enterprise storage, VOIP management, network switch management, network administration and backup.
- Current experience with managing and supporting virtualization technologies for servers and desktop in midsize production environment. VMWare and Citrix technologies preferred
- Current experience with managing and supporting operating systems for network devices, servers and desktops, including Juniper networks, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 2012, 2016 and 2019 Servers, Unix/Linux based systems (Redhat preferred), Windows 10 and Apple OSX environments.
- Current experience with managing and supporting core infrastructure services such as firewall system (Palo Alto preferred), DHCP, DNS services, directory services, database services (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle etc.) and enterprise systems such as ERP, file and print services.
- Current working knowledge of and experience managing VOIP systems in midsize businesses.
- Current experience with managing and supporting cloud technologies, including Microsoft Azure, O365, SharePoint, AWS and other SAAS systems.
- Working knowledge of network and security management tools and techniques.
- Programming and scripting training and experience in Java, C++, PowerShell, CLI and UNIX shell scripting.
- Current experience working with project managers on major projects and knowledge of project management principles, techniques, and methods.
- Experience with knowledge base systems (KCS preferred).
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program . Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.