ABOUT THE COMPANY
New Beta Innovation Canada Limited (NBI-CA) is a preclinical stage life sciences organization in Burnaby, BC. Leveraging on our expertise in research and development, we are transforming drug discovery into clinical applications for unmet medical needs. We have ongoing collaborations with top universities worldwide on various research projects, with distinguished achievements in the areas of oncology, neurology, ischemic and hypoxic conditions.
Our state-of-the-art GMP manufacturing facilities and laboratories in Greater Vancouver are home to a growing team of professionals who are inspired to develop advanced life-saving hemoglobin-based therapeutics for the well-being of people.
Reporting to the IT Senior Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the effective operations of IT infrastructure with good experience in managing IT servers, network firewalls and switches, cyber security, MS365 administration, and IT solution delivery. You are someone who enjoys challenges, is passionate about IT operations, is excited by the ability to regularly interact with your fellow co-workers, and has client experience at the forefront of all decisions.
This position can grow exponentially within the IT department, working closely with user departments and vendors to provide the best IT and network solutions to support business growth.
- Research, design, plan, and coordinate LAN, WAN, Firewall, security and Infrastructure upgrades, enhancement, improvements, and/or newly required service deployments following industry best practice
- Monitor and manage network performance including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of IT equipment
- Manage and monitor performance and high availability of network solutions such as switches, firewalls and routers, VoIP Telephone, VPN with 2FA, anti-virus solutions, intrusion detection, and Wi-Fi solutions deployed in the company
- Work collaboratively with other team members supporting server infrastructure administration, server virtualization, and iSCSI storage appliances
- Monitor and remediate active software updates and antimalware definitions to meet corporate compliance requirements
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation (SOPs, procedures, diagrams, policies, etc.) to present to respective stakeholders
- Troubleshoot failures, identify problems and recommend solutions to improve operational service efficiency and stability
- Research and maintain current knowledge of new technology trends, information security, and cyber risks to recommend solutions that can improve business processes and service solutions
- Provides support for issues related to the application software and hardware
- Work with user departments to identify needs and opportunities, recommend and implement solutions including training to improve user IT usability and experience
- Maintain effective communication with departments to address and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Perform other tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a server network and security solutions environment and/or combination of education (Diploma or a Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field)
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology, VMWare, Thin Client, LAN, WAN, PC, Window Servers, Veeam Backup and Replication, FortiGate Firewall, Site to Site VPN, SSL VPN with 2FA, remote access and network protocol
- Experience with MS365, Azure Active Directory integration with on prem Active Directory
- Management of Windows Group Policy (GPO), Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS)
- Professional certification in a related field is an asset (MS365 Administrator, VCP, CCNA, MTA, MCSA, MCSE, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of Power shell scripts and Linux OS is an asset
- Experience in GMP facility, pharmaceutical industry, and understanding regulatory compliance in IT is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, effective oral and written communication and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail
WHY JOIN NBI?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package which recognizes people for their contributions, and comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees’ growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today!
Biotechnology Information Technology Manufacturing and Production