195659 Work Area:
Customer Service and Support Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time
SAP Hybris is the future of commerce. With operations in 15 countries, SAP Hybris is the fastest-growing independent provider of commerce software. We help companies around the globe sell more goods, services, and digital content through every touchpoint, channel and device. SAP Hybris enables "OmniCommerce”: state-of-the-art master data management and unified commerce processes that give a business a single view of its customers, products, and orders, and gives its customers a single view of the business.Over 400 companies have chosen SAP Hybris, including global B2B sites such as Starbucks, W.W.Grainger and Thomson Reuters as well as consumer brands Bridgestone, P&G, Levi's, and Galeries Lafayette. Both principal industry analyst firms rank our commerce platform among the top in the world.
SAP Hybris is searching for a System Administration/DevOps Consultant to join its team. This is a hands on environment support and consulting role. The System Admin/DevOps Consultant works as a member of a cross-functional consulting team or as an individual technical consultant on environment sizing, environment setup, code deployment support, performance monitoring and tuning, integration performance optimization, and/or audit/review projects. The System Admin/DevOps Consultant typically participates with several customers go live activities concurrently.
Project complexity may vary, with single or multiple software products and involve multiple environments (web, application, database servers). Work efforts focus primarily on delivering architectural, technical design, development and deployment services on engagements ranging from short-term hybris consulting on a client/partner project team to full life-cycle implementation projects. Duties may be performed at customer’s site. This position operates under minimal supervision on medium to large size projects involving multiple products and/or platforms.
- Responsible for helping customers and partners manage their mission critical, high availability ecommerce applications. Interaction will include coordination with customers, partners and hosting providers.
- Contribute to the standardization and definition of operational procedures and best practices
- Understand how to support the stability and security of a system
- Help remediate issues around security, application tuning, operating systems, networking, server administration, storage, load balancing and connectivity.
- Troubleshoot beyond the network tier and leverage tools to provide troubleshooting guidance to partners and customers
- Assist customers and partners with architecting applications and services. This can include participating in a customer or partner’s development process including requirements gathering and quality assurance. Assist with implementations to ensure superb performance and operability under a variety of operating environments and loads
- Installation of servers, configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage and taking into account customers and partners project and operational requirements
- Install and configure ecommerce, b2b and b2c systems and applications and provide guidance and troubleshooting feedback on installation questions
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- Bachelor degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Mathematics, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- 5+ years experience in IT Operations and Support, focusing on web based and commerce based solutions
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in Software design, systems integration and software development or consulting
- Experience in administrating, updating and tuning J2EE containers including tomcat, glass fish, weblogic and jboss
- Knowledge of agile processes, code management and deployment tools like Ant, Maven, SVN, GIT, Jenkins.
- Knowledge and experience with monitoring tools such as dynatrace, New Relic, AppDynamics, nagios, cacti.
- Experience in configuring, managing, tuning and deploying an n-tier web application stack.
- Solid understanding of server architectures, operating systems and application resource utilization
- Operational experience with Linux and system administration
- Strong skills in scripting languages
- Experience with relational and nosql databases including Oracle, MySQL, mongodb, HANA and MS SQL Server
- Experience with Load balancers, firewall, storage devices and virtual environments
- Experience with working with CDN providers on best practices with implementing a CDN solution within a customer's implementation
- Training experience an added plus
- Willing to travel to customer locations up to 50%
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
System Administrator, ERP, Consulting, Database, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Posted: October 19, 2018
Closes: December 18, 2018