is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable Langley, B.C. WSP
is currently seeking a Survey Assistant to join our Geomatics Team, located in the Lower Mainland. Reporting to the Field Crew Supervisor, this position will be responsible for assisting the Survey Party Chief in all aspects of field work including use and care of various survey instrumentation and equipment. Working at WSP you will use the latest technology including GPS, Robotic Total Stations, 3D Laser Scanners, UAV's as well as in-house customized tools and systems for field and office complete with dedicated in-house support. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Act as a positive ambassador for the company in all situations where there is contact with the public, our clients or potential clients and project contractors.
• Participate in the development of the field Standard Operating Procedures and other QMS related policies/procedures related to survey field tasks and deliverables.
• Ensure daily completion of thorough and accurate time entry, equipment and expense reporting.
• In conjunction with the Supervisors and Project Manager, ensures that the survey crew adheres to the safety requirements of the client, OH&S and the WSP Safety program on all projects and that survey staff have the required internal and external training required.
• Participate in Emergency Response Planning, Hazard Assessment, Job Safety Analysis development, daily tailgate meetings and ensures compliance for all crew activities. QUALIFICATIONS
• Diploma or Degree in Geomatics Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, or related discipline preferred.
• 1+ years' field survey experience as a Survey Assistant preferred.
• Contribute on an on-going basis toward maintaining a safe working environment both for yourself and for those working with you or in your close vicinity.
• Working knowledge of survey methodologies.
• Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organization; is a great team member.
• Ability to work without supervision; effective time management and strong organizational skills.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of MS Office including Excel and Outlook. Working knowledge and familiarity with AutoCAD software an asset.
• Ability and willingness to travel for the client, project, and WSP requirements and to respond to situations that occur outside traditional working hours.
• Adaptable and able to think outside the box.
• Ability to support and mentor/teach other members of the team.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.