Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. BCAA has been named one of BC's Top Employers 2020!What BCAA offers you:
BCAA's Workplace and Technology team is looking for a Regular Full Time Support Specialist II -Service Desk.
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC's Top Employers 2020, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
The Support Specialist II provides first level support for all computer related issues for internal business partners/end users requesting assistance with technology issues and problems. In addition, the Specialist provides first and second level end -user support in-house and works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Provides assistance to entry level team members. Key Responsibilities: Technical Support:
Provides friendly, courteous, technical support for all business users, providing phone and email base d support based on defined procedures.
Takes all calls, conducts triage, and acts on calls according to escalation procedures.
Logs all calls and updates entries when actions are taken.
Contacts users to follow-up on services, solutions or products to ensure their needs have been met.
Provides, creates and maintains appropriate documentation.
Keeps users up-to-date with relevant information and decisions.
Monitors services provided and makes recommendations for improvements.
Coaches and provides assistance to entry Support Specialists.
Assists with process improvement initiatives.
Performs basic business analysis.
Processes Staff changes and administers NEAT users.
Provides first level administration including but not limited to HEAT Administration, Active Directory email and distribution groups creation as well as file and folder access management.
Acts as a resource on projects as required.
Informs Project and/or Resource Manager on any issues or risks.
Performs knowledge transfer and training between IS and other BCAA business units.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
Carries out other related tasks and projects as assigned.
Education: Technical Diploma
Experience: At least 3 years providing first level customer support for technical issues related to IT.
Technical: Experience with Networks, Operating Systems, Applications such as MS Office, Email, Web, and Windows
Excellent listening skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
Ability to work both independently and with other team members
Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges
Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
Support methodologies such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM)
Customer Service processes and impacts, Service Level Agreements, Operating Level Agreements
Familiarity with Project Management methodology (PMP)
Business knowledge on related systems.
The deadline to apply for this role is November 9, 2020. Any internal applications received after the internal application deadline will be considered with external applications. Please note this is a Grade 10 position.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance