ABOUT THE COMPANY
New β Innovation Ltd. (NBI) is a preclinical stage life sciences organization in Burnaby, BC. Leveraging on our expertise in research and development, we are transforming drug discovery into clinical applications for unmet medical needs. We have ongoing collaborations with top universities worldwide on various research projects, with distinguished achievements in the areas of oncology, neurology, ischemic and hypoxic conditions.
Our state-of-the-art GMP manufacturing facilities and laboratories in Greater Vancouver are home to a growing team of professionals who are inspired to develop advanced life-saving hemoglobin-based therapeutics for the well-being of people.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager/Manager, Production, the incumbent will perform a variety of Department related functions and will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of information as it relates to policies and procedures in the production sector.
- Responsible for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual cleaning and disinfection of assigned clean area in the manufacturing plant, strictly following the company policy, standard operating procedures and GMP requirements.
- Responsible restocking of inventory necessary to support the production schedule and keep storage/gowning room clean and organized at all times.
- Performs hands-on execution of automated cleaning operation. Equipment includes but not limited to Parts Washer, Autoclave, VHP, portable CIP systems etc.
- Will require completing associated documentation according to cGMP standards.
- Immediately report deviation if occurred to managers.
- Carry out activities to ensure the production and material storage area, environment and equipment are properly maintained and operated.
- Strictly follow all instructions relating to personal hygiene to minimize contamination.
- Report immediately to managers any chance to his/her health conditions and/or conditions relating to plant, equipment or personnel that adversely may affect products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent education.
- Preferred work/intern experience would include hands on experience in a production or manufacturing setting in pharmaceutical environment.
- Good math and reading comprehension skills.
- Basic computer skills and ability to operate computerized equipment.
- Familiar with water systems, sanitization, sterilizers, etc.
- Must have a high degree of mechanical aptitude.
- Must be comfortable with extended periods of walking/standing on production floor.
- Must be comfortable wearing face mask during clean room sanitization.
- Must have good mechanical and learning aptitude to be capable of learning all aspects of the production floor area.
- Flexibility to work extended hours and shift work to support the production process
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Good communication skills, in both oral and written, and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Pre-employment medical and medical re-examination performed every year may be required as per company policy and GMP regulations
WHY JOIN NBI?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package which recognizes people for their contributions, and comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees’ growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today!
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019