Who They Are:
Our client is a BC-based leading law firm with a focus on litigation, providing a full-range of legal expertise. They are an innovative, passionate team and they have been raising the bar for litigation for nearly 40 years. Founded in Vancouver in 1979, our client started as a small, boutique firm with three partners. Since the beginning, they have pushed beyond standard litigation to find progressive, creative solutions for their clients. They build long-term relationships with local, national and international clients, supporting them so their businesses can prosper.
They are extremely proud of their professional work environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. Their firm strives to maintain the positive aspects of a small company work environment while further establishing business practices as they continue to evolve. They believe that their staff work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
Reporting to the IT Manager the Support Analysts role is to provide exceptional customer service and technical support to the firm. This position provides tier-1 support, responding to, resolving, and escalating all IT support requests. The successful candidate should be highly motivated, and possess excellent organization, teamwork, and problem solving skills. They need to be excellent at communicating over the phone, in person, and electronically. In addition they should have a passion for technology, and solving problems with technical solutions. This position will work out of our Vancouver office, and requires occasional after hours and weekend work. Occasional travel to other office locations is required.
The support analysts responsibilities include:
· Answers calls, and takes appropriate actions to resolve support incidents. Ensures all support requests are logged and tracked within IT’s ticketing system, and meet SLA’s. Escalates and coordinates resolution of complex requests to other IT staff and contractors as needed.
· Provides timely support, analysis, and resolution for software, network, and hardware related requests. Perform root cause analysis to resolve problems and orient and train staff and contactors on the effective use of computer equipment, software, and IT policies
· Perform installation, maintenance, upgrades, and minor repairs to computers, printers, and any other peripherals as required.
· Sets up user accounts, and end user hardware / software. Adds / removes / updates user account information as necessary. Ensures system security is maintained, when performing duties.
· Preparation and assignment of loaner laptops, videoconference and webinar set-up, mobile devices, etc.
· Setup of meeting room technology
· Supporting document management system, and office automation software.
· Train staff on the proper use of IT systems. Orientate new staff on IT systems. Create end use documentation.
· Report on support trends, and issues to IT management.
· Testing new applications and/or changes to existing applications.
· Act as the ‘backup’ for Litigation Support staff, and provide software assistance when required.
· Contributes to IT through sharing of ideas, best practices, and industry knowledge.
· Understands IT and firm policies, and ensures they are working within them.
· Other duties as required
Education and Experience Required:
The ideal candidate will have:
· A degree or diploma in computer systems
· 1 year of relevant experience
· Knowledge of the installation, configuration, and maintenance of computer Windows operating systems.
· Knowledge of enterprise hardware and software.
· Knowledge of IT Service Desk processes
· In depth (A+ certification) knowledge of desktop, laptop, printer hardware and peripherals
· Experience with imaging platforms, such as WDS / MDT and networking knowledge/skills, including enterprise wireless systems.
· Knowledge of email systems and SMTP protocol – Preference given to Exchange 2013+ / Online
· Experience with VMWare’s ESX platform
· Experience supporting Active sync mobility solutions
· Experience with SharePoint administration, and content creation.
· Experience with VOIP systems, preferably Cisco Unified Communications
· Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Understanding of IT security principles.
· Valid drivers license, and vehicle
· Understanding and experience using Azure / AWS.
Benefits & Perks:
They offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Their benefits include:
· a wellness allowance for fitness expenses;
· an annual education/tuition allowance;
· flexible health and dental coverage;
· long term disability insurance;
· personal days to help balance outside commitments;
· employee assistance program;
· monetary incentive for employee referrals;
· casual day every Friday; and
· an outgoing firm culture that provides lots of social opportunities to connect with your co- workers.
#73 - Best Buy Canada - Growing a Career Through Unexpected Opportunities
About Eva Lee and Associates Recruitment Ltd
Eva Lee & Associates Recruitment Ltd is a local Vancouver based recruitment agency, specializing in permanent, temporary and contract staffing solutions for the business & legal community i...Read More