Identity Services owns the systems that enable authenticating and identifying every Amazon customer in the world. Every aspect of the Amazon global business depends on our systems to know who the customer is, and if our systems are not up and running, the company stops. We balance keeping our systems fast, scalable and performant (no exceptions!) with rapidly delivering great features for Amazon customers and our developer partners. In short, we get to own and innovate on a critical customer experience while also supporting nearly every other business at the company; the best of both worlds!
Identity Authorization (AuthZ) team within Identity services owns authorization platform to allow amazon customers to securely authorize third party applications to use their Amazon identity. We have roughly 100+ teams across Amazon including Alexa, Payments, Kindle, Amazon business, Prime are using 3P AuthZ platform to leverage 3P AuthZ platform to allow amazon customers to integrate with 3P applications and devices. Login with Amazon, external facing product enables 215 million active Amazon users to sign-in to 3rd party sites and apps. Our highly available systems manage hundreds of millions of records, and serve millions of service requests per hour. We own dynamic authorization system such as ABAC and role based authorization system such as RBAC. We pioneered a continuous authorization platform which does authorization on every customer action using Machine Learning, and intelligent advance algorithm.
AuthZ team is facing huge challenges to allows amazon customers to integrate 3P products and smart home devices in a secure and private manner and provides tremendous opportunity for someone who is passionate in customer authentication and authorization space.
We are looking for experienced engineers who have a passion for keeping our customer information safe while providing friction-free experiences, thrive on solving complex problems and relish the challenge of operating a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads. Come join our team of developers who are experts in building and supporting large scale services that are used millions of times a minute.
• Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Responsible for portions of the systems architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
• Lead software developers in design, implementation and methodology
• Be very hands-on, participate in designs, reviews, develop code
• Responsible for real-time operational support of the team's functional areas
• Maintain current technical knowledge to advance thought leadership and technology breakthroughs
• Must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities
• Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent experience. Masters degree in computer science is preferred
• Core competencies in Java programming, functional programing and Object Oriented Design
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, enterprise and asynchronous architectures
• Proven results oriented person with a bias to action and delivery focus - especially in the areas of writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• 3+ year's overall development experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience mentoring a small group of peers and junior engineers
• Passion for adoption of best practices and tools to improve code quality and operations
• Experience with service architecture, operations and/or client side libraries are a plus
Software and Programming