What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Do you demand the best from your professional career? Are you inspired by excellence? At SAP, you will have the power to make a real impact. As the global market leader for business software, SAP helps companies and organizations in more than 25 industries to run better.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP is ranked the best place to work in BC in 2020 by Canada's Top 100 (https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-sap). It is the Global Market Leader in Enterprise Application Software, the Top Cloud Vendor and Leading Mobility Vendor, with offices and labs located worldwide SAP serves over 335,000 customers in 190 countries, including 87% of the Forbes Global 2000 and 98% of the 100 most valued brands. 76% of the world's transaction revenue touches an SAP system (http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/factsheet)!
The SAP community of employees, partners and customers is vast - the SAP Community Network (https://www.sap.com/community.html) has over 2.5 million members and the Americas' SAP Users' Group (http://www.asug.com) has over 3,700 member companies in more than 17 industries.
The worldwide Product Support team of ~3000 is committed to the success of our customers through outstanding technical support. We are not merely a Call Centre! We actively investigate customer issues by mastering diverse technologies and by working intensively with the products we offer. We measure our success by customer satisfaction.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Among other responsibilities, you should expect to do many of the following:
• Investigates and resolve critical system issues for Enterprise level Fortune 500 companies.
• Analyzing complex, real world, unique problems; often working in production environments.
• Feel the satisfaction from delivering a solution to customers that make their businesses run simpler and better.
• Meet, work and talk with colleagues and customers from all around the world!
• Master SAP software that is being used by industries, governments and multinational companies around the globe.
• Participation in After Hours Support & Weekend shifts as scheduled
Be part of a small, tight-knit team of professionals
• Working collaboratively to provide solutions to customers.
• Learn new skills and technologies that will open paths to many new possible careers. The learning never ends - you are expected to continuously learn and up-skill during your time here.
• Be a social media guru and create Knowledge Bases, blogs, wikis, and videos, for colleagues and customers.
• Innovate and create new tools that will help SAP run simple. Anything you can think of to make the business run better will get SAP support.
• Join the global SAP Family and become an ambassador for the Support Organization.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
• Excellent diagnostic and technical analysis skills
• Good understanding of SQL language
• Good understanding of Relational Databases (HANA, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, SQL Server, etc.)
• Good understanding of Linux/Unix operating systems
• Computer Science degree/diploma or equivalent industry experience
• Support or administration experience of databases such as HANA, Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2
• Experience with SAP ERP Systems
• Support or administration experience with Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, and AIX
• Knowledge of SQL Programming and Data Warehousing principles
• Prior customer service or customer support experience We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together. Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 304678 | Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Graduate | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations:
Customer Service and Support