Want to use your expertise to connect to an IT career with a difference? As a support analyst at WorkSafeBC, you'll do just that. Using leading-edge technology, you'll help connect British Columbians to healthy and safe workplaces - providing support for injury prevention programs, rehabilitation services, workplace insurance, and strong health and safety cultures.
In this role, you'll bring your experience in providing business and technology first-level support to customers in a help desk environment. You'll support channels including phone or desk-side support and specialize in collaboration tools such as video conferencing and mobile devices. You're committed to exceptional customer service and look for ways to continually improve services and processes.
This position is a full-time, temporary 14-month position and will be remotely based during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note that after the pandemic, the position is based in the Richmond office. What you'll do As a support analyst you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Resolve problems and liaise with customers to find ways to continually improve services and processes, and keep customers informed on their problem status/resolution
- Troubleshoot issues and make decisions that have a medium to high level of complexity to assess customer priority and impact, and escalate issues to senior support if required
- Gather customer needs, provide consultations, educate, and record all interactions in the designated tracking tools
- Resolve complex problems/requests and contribute to knowledge bases and online services
- Provide hardware and software support for all standard WorkSafeBC technologies
- Compile and analyze statistics, metrics, and reports to identify trends and develop recommendations
- Participate in projects as a subject matter expert, user acceptance tester, and post-implementation support service
- Coordinate and/or provide education to customers to better leverage the hardware and software used at WorkSafeBC
- Travel to other WorkSafeBC offices to attend conferences, seminars, staff meetings, and vendor presentation
Your experience and educational background:
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude while managing challenging situations and customer interactions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems in a computer support environment, and provide appropriate and timely solutions
- Gather relevant information from others by using active listening techniques and reading and interpreting written information
- Provide training to individuals and groups, and coach and mentor peers
- Develop complex technical and non-technical documentation, and present verbally and in writing, to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Provide working knowledge of information technology, help desk tools and processes, and incident management processes
- Provide working knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies, and PC hardware
- Provide a general knowledge of LAN administration
- Employ knowledge of mobile hardware, software, and components, as well as PC desktop software (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, database, graphics)
- Apply working knowledge of help desk tools, processes, as well as problem management processes and systems
- Clearly compose and deliver verbal and written information for technical and non-technical audiences to convey, explain, and educate customers on technical information and products
- Completion of a two-year diploma or degree program in computer systems technology
- A minimum of three years of experience in one or more of the following areas: technical support, technology education, systems planning, knowledge management, or other related fields of business and technology
- Support experience in the area of collaboration tools (video conferencing) and mobile devices is an asset
We'll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please send any additional application materials via email to Talent Team by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email HR Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for. Our benefits
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life. Learn more about what we offer .
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.