Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Director, Facilities Operations, the Supervisor, Reception is responsible for providing supervision, assistance and direct oversight of daily reception operations and ensuring smooth, efficient and fully functional reception coverage across offices. Fostering a collaborative customer-centric culture that values teamwork and continuous learning, the Supervisor, Reception is also responsible for advancing development opportunities to the reception team, providing general support to the Building Services team, and promoting a high standard of customer service across the business.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and provide oversight of daily reception operations, ensuring that standards are being met.
- Greet visitors, manage visitor/delivery logs, answer and direct all incoming calls, receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers.
- Arrange for or provide back-up reception coverage across offices as required; ensure that reception has coverage at all times.
- Identify, recommend and implement quality and process improvement initiatives to promote and enhance building service delivery.
- Ensure that all transactions by reception staff are processed correctly, and monitor that proper procedures are being followed and daily tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Assist with interviewing and hiring reception staff.
- Assist with the supervision, training, coaching and mentoring of reception staff; designing and implementing office procedures and standards. Provide on-going staff direction regarding tasks and expectations.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the Director, Facilities Operations, on reception staff performance and reception operations.
- Oversee the cleanliness and professional appearance of the reception areas at all times.
- Handle internal and external inquiries regarding Building Services. Manage, resolve or escalate any and all reception complaints in a friendly and professional manner.
- Working with Safety, ensure that reception staff are fully trained and current on safety-related reception responsibilities.
- Ensure that order and inventory of supplies follow procedures, fiscal responsibility and best practice.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with Building Services suppliers and vendors to facilitate efficient and timely delivery of services (including but not limited to office and cafe supplies) following defined service level standards.
- Oversee the creation and delivery of reception metrics to support reporting, budgeting, planning and trending activities.
- Facilitate purchase requisitions on behalf of the internal Facilities team, concurrently, keeping track of expenditures as appropriate.
- Monitor the upkeep of reception documents including tracking sheets, logs and building guides.
- Monitor the Building Services and Parking Request service dashboard (JIRA) to ensure that tickets assigned to Building Services are responded to and closed in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in the preparation and circulation of Building Services communication to internal and external parties as required.
- Assist with the implementation, enforcement and monitoring of the parking management program.
- Support internal Building Services team with projects and initiatives.
- Work with a team, support internal move projects as required.
- Maintain and track progress toward an ongoing list of deliverables for assigned reception projects.
- Synthesize information provided from multiple sources and produce high quality executive summaries and/or presentations.
- Coordinate and complete assigned projects from members of the Facilities management team as required.
- Work collaboratively and proactively to execute cross-departmental projects and activities.
- Provides tertiary coverage for Building Services staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as required by the business.
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Business, Administration or related field.
- 6+years of experience working as a Receptionist, Supervisor, Office Administrator, or related position.
- 6+ years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience working in a customer focused role within an operational environment.
- Self-motivator with commitment to providing and promoting excellence in customer service.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop employees in a fast-paced and high-quality environment.
- Ability and flexibility to travel between office locations at any given notice.
- Ability to rearrange and shift priorities quickly to respond to urgent operational needs.
- Highly collaborative and able to deliver on a wide range of responsibilities with little supervision.
- Highly professional and adaptable with proven judgment and discretion with confidential matters.
- Ability to apply critical thinking, be solution oriented.
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic, exceptional organizational, planning, time management and record keeping skills.
- Excellent computer skills are a distinct asset. Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Productivity tools; familiarity with database software is an asset.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; communicates in a clear, concise and organized manner; listens to others to obtain information.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive