Job Description Summary
Are you looking to grow your career in the fast-paced and collaborative environment of Canadian biotech? If you're an organized, proactive, and customer service oriented individual who enjoys helping and mentoring others, and works well on your own and as part of a team, then this position at STEMCELL Technologies-Canada's largest biotech company-may be for you!
The Supervisor, Reception provides supervision, assistance, and direct oversight of daily reception operations and ensures smooth, efficient, and fully functional reception coverage across offices. This person is also our first point of contact for visitors at STEMCELL, providing logistical and administrative support to building services at each location. If this sounds like you, let's talk!Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Greet visitors, manage visitor/delivery logs, answer and direct all incoming calls, and receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Coordinate and provide oversight of daily reception operations, ensuring that standards are being met
- Arrange for or provide back-up reception coverage across offices as required; ensure that reception has coverage at all times
- Ensure that all transactions by reception staff are processed correctly, and monitor that proper procedures are being followed and daily tasks are completed in a timely fashion
- Assist with the hiring, training, coaching, and mentoring of reception staff; designing and implementing office procedures and standards. Provide on-going staff direction regarding tasks and expectations
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Business, Administration or related field
- 6+ years of experience working as a Receptionist, Office Administrator, or related position in a supervisory role
- Self-motivator with commitment to providing and promoting excellence in customer service
- Ability and flexibility to travel between office locations at any given notice, and to rearrange and shift priorities quickly to respond to urgent operational needs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite; familiarity with database software is an asset, as are exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians