Duration: 4 months
Start Date: May 2022
Posting Closing Date:
February 2, 2022 Why consider Teck Resources Ltd. for a student position?
Teck hires more than 150 co-op students each year to work at our various Canadian operations. Teck has been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp Canada's Top Employers program for the past five years and was included in the Forbes World's Best Employers 2021 list and Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2021 . In 2021, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the 12th consecutive year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies. Innovate with Teck
Digital technologies are redefining our industry and contributing to improvements in every step of the mining process. We improve our efficiency, safety, sustainability and growth by putting smarter ideas to work and crafting advancements in our technology and our practice. At Teck, we embrace new ideas, and employ them. Teck fosters a culture where employees are encouraged to bring ideas forward and implement technologies that can help make us a better company. Professional benefits of working with Teck Resources Ltd:
For the upcoming May 2022 Summer Student Engineering, Environment and Computer Science positions, we have opportunities for students studying in the following disciplines:
- Our values guide every decision we make as a company and as individual employees. In everything we do, Teck is led by our values of safety, sustainability, integrity, respect, excellence, and courage
- A summer position with Teck will offer you the opportunity to work on challenging projects alongside a team of professionals who are experts in their respective fields. You will experience a combination of projects in the field and in the office
- Make an impression! Having a successful term with Teck is a great first step for pursuing a career with us once you graduate!
- Mine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Science/Engineering
- Process/Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science/Engineering
- Working towards an Undergraduate degree in a relevant field and returning to full time post-secondary education in the Fall/Winter 2022/2023
- Motivated self-starters with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment with a willingness to work outdoors. Some positions will be required to operate vehicles at our operations
- Previous work experience in a technical or engineering environment is an asset
- Create and evaluate innovative ideas and technologies to help improve the way we do business
- Participation in Teck's health and safety programs to ensure that everyone on site goes home safe and healthy every day
Applicants graduating from high school in 2022, students returning to school following an absence of one year or greater, and students who have already received a post-secondary degree or diploma, will receive secondary consideration for summer employment in 2022.
All students will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing prior to commencing work.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated. Lifestyle
At Teck, we have a variety of flexible schedules that can offer you a work life balance. Teck also offers the chance to live and work in some of the world's most amazing locations where year-round local attractions and recreational choices are unlimited for the outdoor enthusiast! We have world-class mountain biking, skiing, hiking and fly fishing all at your doorstep.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources .
#LI-SS1 Job Segment:
Computer Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Intern, Engineer, Technology, Science, Engineering, Entry Level