Structural Project Coordinator: Harvey 2539
Project Managers & Contracts Manager
Project Coordinator(s) will assist our Project Managers in organizing & running ongoing projects.
This task involves monitoring and tracking: project plans, shop drawings, correspondence, schedules, work hours, budgets, etc...
Involves assisting or taking the lead on material & specialty product purchasing, arranging trucking/cartage, project file organization, participating in meetings, and submitting/tracking shop drawings, RFI’s, and CO’s in a timely manner.
To be successful as a Project Coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines and be a good multitasker. You should be competent in utilizing various steel detailing software, such as Bluebeam, Microsoft Office applications, and Project Management software [such as Procore, etc.], and have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, and budgets
- Reviewing detailed shop drawings for missing details, approval comments, and value engineering
- Purchasing of required materials, bolts, special orders, etc.
- Confirming project changes and logging them
- Collection and submittal of Project Close-out documentation [QA, Mill Certs, Leeds, Warranty, L.O.A., etc.]
- Attending and participating in stakeholder meetings, as necessary, and documenting and following up on
actions and decisions from those meetings
- Providing administrative support as needed
- Assist in developing project strategies in collaboration with Project Manager(s)
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately
- Assess project risks and issues and suggest solutions where applicable
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective
- Be willing to perform other duties as required
- At the very minimum, you must be a Permanent Resident of Canada and hold a valid BC Driver’s License
- Minimum two years of experience in the steel industry
- High proficiency in Imperial & Metric applications.
- Excellent Computer skills, including competency in Microsoft Office 365 applications [Word, Excel, and
- Knowledge in file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with steel detailing would be a benefit, but is not required
- Experience using software, such as AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Procore, MS 365, etc. is required
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package after 3 months.
#77 - Hootsuite - Innovation at a Large vs. Small Company
About MountainCrest Personnel Inc.
MountainCrest Personnel Inc. is a contract placement agency that specializes in engineering and manufacturing for contract, contract to full-time or full time placements.Read More