Manufacturing Engineer – P.Eng required
Our client, a privately held employee owned organization is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer (P.Eng) to join their team.
- Performing, overseeing and directing daily engineering requirements (including concept design, static and dynamic calculations, finite element modelling, sketches, and drawings) with respect to the pre-construction and construction phases of each project
- Concept scheming and sketching to create innovative structural solutions with architects and designers.
- Supervising the work of drafters and designers and performing quality control with assembly and fabrication teams
- Liaising with internal project management, shop, and site teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and budget, and meet fabrication and erection constraints
- Providing engineering reports to clients, structural advice on the construction and design of projects and devising modifications as necessary
- Visiting project sites across BC, AB and WA to monitor progress in accordance with projected timelines and safety standards and inspecting materials as necessary to ensure adequacy
- Reviewing project requirements to provide estimates on quantities and costs of materials, equipment and labour and input on construction and development budgets
- Presentation and communication at conferences, lunch & learns, and seminars
- P.Eng., P.E., MIStructE or equivalent with a Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering (or a related Engineering Degree
- Experience with seismic design in Canada / USA or abroad is an asset.
- Experience leading the design of large-scale projects, working with architects and clients to achieve pragmatic and cost-effective solutions
- Knowledge and use of Canadian, American design codes an asset
- Experience working with 3D modelling software such as Rhino/AutoCAD an asset.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence.
Engineering Manufacturing and Production Management and Executive