is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER POSITION DESCRIPTION
WSP is currently seeking a dynamic and innovative, Co-op student or structural intern to join our Structural Engineering Group, located at our Vancouver office. This position will be responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team to develop innovative design solutions at various stages in a project, and thrive in a dynamic and proactive learning environment.RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform Calculations and Assessments for various structures, under the supervision of a Senior Engineer.
• Perform such calculations using latest design software and advanced finite element modelling underpinned by a sound understanding of basic principles.
• Be curious to explore the concepts of design automation
• Respond to client requests as needed
• Write technical reports when required
• contribute to the preparation of detail drawings, sections and standard details, and ensure quality adherence
• Conduct field reviews and inspections, condition assessments etc, as required.
• High focus on ability to develop creative solutions in complex environments in response to unexpected site and project challenges at short notice and in collaboration with the project team.
• Occasional travel for site assessments and site support;
• Other duties as assigned/requiredQUALIFICATIONS
• Developing knowledge of both the BCBC and NBC, as well as other applicable codes and standards. Strong seismic understanding
• Strength in any of the following software - ETABS, SAFE, SAP2000, RAM and/or Robot
• Display a value-adding attitude through dynamic, innovative and disruptive thinking within a solution driven environment.
• Highly responsive, client centric and proactive
• Willing to try, to learn, to fail
• Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organizational and technical writing skillsVALUE ADD
• Creative and innovative, and prepared to put out of the box ideas forward for scrutiny
• Brave enough to fail
• Patient and respectful to listen, and hear the thoughts of others
• Bold enough to speak their mind and voice opinions in a constructive manner
• A proactive problem solver who takes initiative
• Prepared to challenge the status quo and promote the unconventional. Design the Future.
• Drives and thrives in a collaborative environment
• Is curious in everything we do.Passionate about our art, and has fun
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.