Ballard Power Systems, Inc. is a global leader in fuel cell technology, providing clean energy fuel cell products that enable optimized power systems for a range of applications. Ballard is an international public company traded on both the NASDAQ and TSX.
The Ballard Finance Team has an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Analytics & Reporting Lead
at the corporate head office in Burnaby. The successful candidate must be a critical thinker, demonstrating sound professional judgement, who can find an optimal balance between data analysis, managing multiple priorities with strong effective analytical thinking, and supporting efficient business processes in a dynamic organization. Responsibilities:
- Consolidate execution plans and ensure resource requirements, milestones, timelines are appropriately estimated; highlight under or over utilization; flag if resources identified in the business case are over-committed or unavailable
- Performs Analysis to determine business requirements and functions for enhancement
- Coordinates with senior members of team in creation of long-term business plans and follow through of implementation
- Conduct business analysis and feasibility studies
- Developing Power-Bi reports and dashboards - Understand business needs and data sources to provide answers to the relevant questions, structure and automate reports to minimize the time required to repeat the analysis
- Prepare bi-weekly dashboard presentations, ensuring on-time & quality reporting from initiatives, take follow up actions, serve as thought partner with SMO Insights lead in probing initiative rationale
- Developing communications drafts (including workshop & training materials) and collect/maintain approvals for efficient documentation
- Relevant bachelors degree or diploma (analytics, finance, engineering)
- 3 to 5 years previous work experience with background in data analytics and operational excellence
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellence | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.