Company: Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: Strategic Account Manager - (NOC 0601 - Corporate Sales Managers)
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Director of Mining Sales & Marketing, the position of Strategic Mining Account Manager serves as the critical customer mining account owner. They are the relationship manager, and responsible for developing and executing the strategic mining account plan for their assigned customer(s) to meet annual sales of equipment, parts & service.
They will provide front line sales execution & support with in-depth product knowledge that helps differentiate our product(s) and value proposition relative to our competitors. This role will also direct and coordinate product application and feasibility analysis in order to deliver the lowest cost per ton & total cost of ownership solution to our customers.
This working location will be at the customer site, Finning office or home based when necessary.
Should you have the qualifications and desire to fulfill this opportunity, please apply
- Develop and implement strategy for the assigned customer(s) (50%)
- In support of the strategy, create plans to improve reliability, availability and productivity of the current installed fleets (customer fleets in excess of 100 machines per customer)
- Develop commercial marketing, customer events and product training programs that leverage the 7Ps of marketing to achieve annual sales objectives (revenue in excess of $100m per annum/customer)
- Provide strategic leadership to increase new equipment market share (PINS)
- Drive plans to increase our percent of product support sales (POPS) and gross profitability of equipment
- Provide equipment forecasts to assist Industry Market Managers (IMMs) with inventory management.
- Customer Relationship Management (30%)
- Complete a relationship management plan for critical customer positions
- Ensure plan is communicated and coordinated with executive support within Finning
- Spend time to manage customer relationships at the executive & operational levels
- Technical and Commercial support (20%)
- Engage & leverage product & technical experts as well as mining engineers to identify customer needs and solutions that lower customer's total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Partner with internal groups e.g. supply chain, service operations, technical services and finance in support of commercial marketing and product training programs to support New Product Introduction (NPI)
Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve. This heightens the importance of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.Commercial Mindset:
Understanding the business and paying attention to business problems (complex and less complex) from all angles. Applying knowledge of the business and marketplace to negotiate and structure interactions. Not only understanding key financial and commercial fundamentals, but more importantly how to incorporate a commercial thinking mindset into every major decision made.Decision Quality:
Good decisions are based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement. Making quality decisions while working in an environment where ambiguity and uncertainty are the norm.Cultivates Innovation:
Paying attention to what customers want and need - new and improved products, services, solutions, and experiences. Taking initiative and collaborating with people who have diverse points of view. Embrace the mindset you and Finning are never done, never satisfied, never standing still.Drives Results:
Infusing the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for Finning.Develops Talent:
Developing the team to meet both their career goals and Finning's goals. Creating pools of people ready and willing to take on new challenges and step up when needed.Situational Adaptability:
Paying attention to circumstance and adjusting accordingly. Being able to recognize the need to be flexible and act different because no two situations are exactly alike. The outcome will be ease of transaction and effectiveness of interaction.Courage:
Being comfortable with the conflict that is inherent to being a champion of an idea or course of action. Meeting tough situations head-on to constructively resolve them. Saying what needs to be said at the right time, to the right person, in the right manner to effect change.Specific Skills:
- Customer-centric approach to the business
- Highly motivated employee who can work independently, think strategically and deliver on a plan
- Persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal skills & ability to present to senior leadership internally & externally
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-channel, team-selling environment
- Significant in-depth mining industry knowledge
- Strong technical knowledge with a detailed understanding of mining equipment their application
- Strong understanding of Caterpillar systems and organizational structure
- Strong understanding of mining equipment selection processes (eg: RFP, RFQ)
- Strong user of Excel with the ability to complete in depth financial analysis (eg: NPV, IRR) within a large deal proposal
- An in depth product and market knowledge of mining equipment and their respective application
- Ability to read, interpret and explain documents such as financial reports, legal and service agreements.
- Ability to write routine reports and effective correspondence for internal and external audiences.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and tools for data analysis, marketing and design.
- Strong data analysis and visualization skills.
- Ability to relate to all levels of employees and be a team player who motivates and educates other team members.
- Ability to set and manage priorities for both individual and internal responsibilities and tasks.
- Ability to travel across the territory to visit customers and branches is required
- New equipment market share (PINS)
- Equipment profitability (Gross Margin)
- New equipment participation
- Industry and new equipment forecast accuracy
- Equipment inventory turns (unit and financial)
- Personal objectives as outlined in annual operating, marketing and sales plan
- Large deal process adherence
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Mining or Mechanical Engineering; MBA a definite asset
- Significant mining industry experience to include:
- Caterpillar equipment sales & marketing (min 5+ years of relevant industry experience)
- Mining account management with large clients in excess of $100m in annual revenue
- Application experience in mining, including these specific products:
- 793 & 797 large mining trucks
- 6060, 6040, 6020 hydraulic mining shovels
- D8-D11 large track type tractors
- 24 motor graders
- Ability to demonstrate experience in selling and negotiating complex mining deals of equipment, service and parts in excess of $50m package value is considered an asset
- Experience working within the OEM (eg: Caterpillar) and Dealer distribution model including related career progression within that model is considered an asset
- Experience in Lean business processes or 6 Sigma (Green or Black belt level) is considered an asset
- Extensive international business experience (working internationally) and dealing with different cultures and business practices is considered an asset
- Extra experience will be considered in lieu of education
1764 Kelly Douglas Rd. Kamloops, BC V2C 5S4, CanadaCompensation Range
: $140,000 - $150,000Benefits:
A comprehensive benefits package such as, DC Pension Plan, RRSP, Employee Share Purchase Plan, Medical and Dental coverage, extended medical coverage, LTD coverage, STD coverage, Health Spending Account and vacation will be offered.Language of employment:
EnglishRecruitment Contact Information: CareersCA@finning.com
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.