STO 27R - Geospatial Services Team Lead Position Classification
Scientific/Technical Off R27 Union
Abbotsford, BC V2S 1H4 CA
Campbell River, BC V9W 6Y7 CA
Cranbrook, BC V1C 7G5 CA
Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 CA
Hope, BC V0X 1L0 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Nelson, BC V1L 6K1 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0 CA
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CASalary Range
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually Close Date
3/22/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Water,Land,ResourceStewardship Ministry Branch / Division
Resource Stewardship Branch Job Summary A unique leadership role to contribute your expertise in geomatics
The Ministry of Water, Land and Resource Stewardship is accountable for integrated land and natural resource management, including objective setting for land and marine environments, effectively managing cumulative effects, and advancing reconciliation with Indigenous peoples, environmental sustainability, and economic resiliency.
The Geospatial Services Team Lead leads and manages the geomatics program for the Cumulative Effects Framework to ensure the delivery of services in support of program objectives and the Cumulative Effects Framework's information needs. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a collaborative, energetic team while contributing to BC's sustainable resource management.
A career with the Ministry of Water, Land and Resource Stewardship offers an exceptional opportunity to undertake a variety of challenging and rewarding roles, while supporting a healthy work/life balance. Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why work for the Ministry of Water, Land and Resource Stewardship .Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in geomatics, resource management, geography, environmental science, or computer science or related area; OR,
- Diploma in geographic information systems; OR,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience supporting clients and/or project teams designing and developing spatial analysis solutions.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a role predominantly responsible for GIS analysis and mapping.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience using ESRI GIS products.
Preference may be given to applicants who have training and/or experience with one (1) or more of the following:
- Supervising and/or leading teams.
- Data management principles and developing and managing spatial and attribute data sets.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Carolyn.Gibson@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
This position can be performed from multiple communities and the location of the position is negotiable.
Remote work is allowed. This position can work up to full time from their home in British Columbia as per the Telework Agreement. The locations listed above are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity and are not a complete list of locations.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future similar vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations (status or non-status), Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits , great learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development options. For more information, visit What the BC Public Service Offers .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history, including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) and your job related responsibilities for each job in your employment history, and any relevant information that relates to this position.Questionnaire: YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed in the job profile. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire. Note:
for long or essay style questionnaires, we recommend saving frequently while completing it. You can also copy the questions into another document, complete it offline, then log back in and copy/paste your responses when you are ready to submit your application.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology, Leadership and Management, Natural Resource Sector, Policy, Research and Economics, Scientific and Technical
Information Technology Management and Executive