17417 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
Northwood Pulp (BC18) Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it's a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy-so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We're especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do. Team Leader, Steam The Opportunity:
Canfor is currently looking for a strong leader with a background in engineering to join us as a Steam Team Leader.
In this challenging role you will report to the Chief Engineer and will lead the Steam & Recovery team to ensure the safe, efficient and environmentally compliant operation of the Steam & Recovery department. This will include:
- Continuous improvement of the Steam & Recovery operations
- Annual and long-term budgeting
- Ensuring the highest levels of safety knowledge and awareness
- Reviewing, upgrading and maintaining the integrity of all departmental policies, procedures and regulations as well as developing specific departmental training needs
- Taking ownership of the planning, execution and follow-up of major mill shutdowns.
- You are equipped with a B.C. or Interprovincial 1st Class Power Engineering certificate or have your 2nd Class Power Engineering certificate and are willing to pursue your 1st Class certificate.
- Ideally you will also have a minimum of 5 years' Kraft mill experience. Your proven leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are coupled with the ability to effectively manage people in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the flexibility to handle changing work priorities
- You also have a strong desire to advance within the organization.
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Job Segment:
Social Media, Engineer, Manager, Sustainability, Marketing, Engineering, Management, Energy