300-10271 Shellbridge Way
Richmond BC V6X 2W8
Job Location: Richmond, BC
Language of work: English
Contact: Please submit your application at the link below
Realtor.com is seeking a Senior Performance Engineer to support our rapidly growing business. You'll have a pivotal role in designing and implementing performance engineering culture, system, and tools in a fast-paced environment. The key to this role is your proven ability to influence, mentor, and coach engineering teams to build robust and scalable real estate solution with an eye for performance.What you will do?
Education, Skills And Experience
- Develop and integrate tools to analyze end-to-end performance of existing systems.
- Identify performance bottlenecks in the product and platform; work with other engineers to analyze and remediate issues
- Be an evangelist for performance engineering at realtor.com
- Partner with engineering leadership to build data driven roadmap items to address performance in critical areas
- Mentor and grow our engineering acumen in areas of performance engineering
- Be a team player: Everything happens within a team; you will have the opportunity to work with domain experts, product managers and the broader engineering team
Personal Characteristics Include
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience and 5+ years experience with performance test automation and/or development.
- Hands on experience with NoSQL databases, preferably Solr or Elasticsearch
- Hands on experience with performance tools such as neoload, jmeter, or loadrunner
- Have experience with performance testing both front end (UI) and backend (API)
- Have extended experience in troubleshooting technical and performance issues
- Familiar with basic metrics to measure software performance
- Basic knowledge of Linux OS
- Basic understanding of networking
- Fast learner and self-starter
- Learn, work, and thrive in an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hands on experience with AWS technologies
- You are passionate about testing and have a mind which can break software apart to expose potential risks.
- You have a thirst for learning, continuous improvement, sharing and working in a team environment
- You are able to work as part of a self-directed and self-managed team
- You hold a point of view and aren't afraid of challenging assumptions, but are humble enough to recognize and adopt the views of others
- You have excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
- You can initiate and engage with other team members to resolve issues in order to deliver features
Salary range is $100,000 and $140,000 per year and is commensurate with experience. Other benefits include extended health and dental, employee & family assistance program, fitness subsidies, RRSP matching, and short- and long-term disability.
Posted: December 14, 2018
Closes: February 12, 2019