Requisition ID: 166285
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. About the role
Scotiabank has embarked on the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the main areas of transformation is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud. The aim is toprovide a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development teams to focus on building business logic. We are looking to build our development team with influencer, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward.
The role of the Staff Cloud Engineer operates within the Cloud Engineering team. This valuable member of the team will be responsible for creating platform components and services for the broad enterprise use. Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Key accountabilities include design, development, management, and maintenance of cloud platforms, services, and components to enable safe enterprise-wide use of cloud common functionality.
- Level 3 support responsibilities are required.
- Technical ownership/leadership of enterprise cloud product(s) or a complex part of a larger product including the design, software, and processes necessary for ongoing operations.
- Designing, implementing, and refactoring code.
- Leading design discussions focused on security, scalability, and implementation best practices.
- Ensuring software, programs, and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity, and reliability requirements.
- Working with other lead engineers and architects on designing solutions and breaking-down, scoping, and estimating tasks.
- Participate in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
- Be able to build and operate the highly available and scalable software and infrastructure.
- Mentorship of junior cloud engineers.
- Our teams are flexible and fast - peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
What's in it for you?
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Enthusiasm for cloud transformation and cloud platform/components/services development.
- Experience in delivering enterprise systems collaborating and driving solutions with multiple teams across the organization.
- Strong development experience, delivery history, and breadth of language experience (e.g. Java, Python).
- Full understanding of software development life cycle as well as related technologies in the context of Scotiabank.
- Sufficient domain expertise in cloud platform features and capabilities.
- Proven experience in designing cloud solutions on Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to solve ambiguous and typically novel problems that require the effort of several engineers.
- Full stack experience in product development.
- Experience in technical leadership of small sized technical teams in delivering production solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken; of specific importance is strong communication to a technical audience.
- Knowledge of software design patterns, infrastructure architecture, DevOps, and security considerations.
- Awareness of how scalable, enterprise-level software system is designed (both on code and infrastructure levels).
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
- Attention to details, high standards for quality.
- Desire to learn, grow yourself and your team.
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
- Writing and maintaining related documentation.
- Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems.
- Experience with Kubernetes or containerized applications is required.
- Microsoft Azure certification is a benefit.
- Experience with Terraform is a benefit.
- Experience within Canadian financial institutions a benefit.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Cloud, Technical Support, Investment Banking, Product Development, QC, Technology, Finance, Quality, Research
Customer Service and Support Information Technology