Are you keen to have large scale impact in the work that you do? Are you eager to learn and develop your career in software and systems engineering? Do you want to work with experienced engineers who are delivering leading-edge technical solutions ?
If you do, we would be thrilled to have the opportunity to discuss why you should consider MDA to bring your past experiences to a new level and impact.
The Scrum Master at MDA is a servant leader who facilitates and supports an agile cross-functional team responsible for delivering features and products to MDA customers. Due to our continued growth and success we are currently seeking an experienced Scrum Master as an individual contributor for our RAster Products Innovation and Delivery (RAPID) project with DigitalGlobe.
The ideal candidate will facilitate the cross-functional team through all aspects of the Scrum Process which includes release planning, sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, product demonstrations, backlog grooming, and retrospectives. The Scrum Master will also have in-depth knowledge in Scrum Process in order to be able to coach and mentor teams effectively. In addition, the Scrum Master will work closely with other peer Scrum Masters to ensure coordination and communication of Scrum team interdependencies, planning, and execution. A final key attribute is the ability to outwardly communicate to key stakeholders on the team&rsquo s progress, impediments, and successes. What would you do if you were hired for this job:
Successful candidates would join our team as a software developer and can expect to:
- Learn &ndash while you leverage your past work experience, we will teach you about satellite ground station domains and our customers.
- Work &ndash you will join a team within the Satellite Ground Systems group. Your team leader will be your guide and challenge you with project-based work that is best suited to your skills and experience. The software that you develop and engineering duties remains your responsibility. Immerse yourself, and dedication will yield results you can be proud of delivered to end customers and used in real-world, geo-spatial applications.
- Grow &ndash your talents will be rewarded with opportunities for career and personal growth in an organization dedicated to success in a team environment.
- Facilitate effective and efficient meetings and Scrum rituals including Release and Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives, and Daily Scrums within the SAFe framework.
- Maintain transparent communication into the team&rsquo s work through product and sprint backlogs, burn-down charts, and other cross-functional communications.
- Be an advocate for Agile principles and share the &ldquo how and why&rdquo in order to educate team members
- Coach and support continuous process improvement within the team.
- Be a resource to each team member and support the removal of roadblocks as required.
- Engage multiple roles and stakeholders in critical discussion, complex new product development discovery and building consensus.
- Support product managers to maximize ROI and meet the organizations objectives.
- Assist with product backlog maintenance, story prioritization, and resolution of defects, as directed by product managers and product owners.
- Help identify and mitigate any external dependency risks in feature/product development.
- Coordinates with other Scrum Masters and cross-functional teams on deliverables that affect scrum teams goals.
Candidates must have the following knowledge, experience and skills:
Proficient knowledge and experience in the following areas will be an asset:
- A University Degree or Technical Diploma from an accredited institution in computer science, software engineering, or a combination of related education and experience.
- A minimum of 2+ years&rsquo experience as a full-time Scrum Master in a software development organization or equivalent experience in a Project Management role.
- A minimum of 5+ years&rsquo experience within a software development organization.
- Experience delivering one or more products through all phases of a SDLC as well as practical enterprise agile lifecycle experience.
- Experience advocating for agile principles in a previous position.
- Experience as a Scrum Master in a SAFe environment
- A thorough understanding of Scrum and Agile principles, values, and practices and an ability to advocate on their behalf.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or Scaled Agile Framework Agilist certifications a plus.
- Experience working in an environment utilizing current and leading edge technologies (e.g. Java, Cloud, AWS, etc.) preferred.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile