Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented and passionate senior user experience designer to join our growing design and research studio. Reporting to the UX Manager of AWS Serverless, this senior user experience designer will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute to the design direction for Amazon SNS, Amazon SQS, and Amazon MQ. In addition, the senior user experience designer will be expected to be a design thought leader and mentor other designers.
AWS provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS UX Design and Research works to enable our users, from Netflix to your next-door neighbor, to harness the power of the cloud. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
• Lead product user experience design in a team environment.
• Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
• Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
• Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
• Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
• Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
• Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
• Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
• Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
• Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations. Mentor and develop designers within your own organization and beyond.
This role is open to Seattle, WA or Vancouver CA.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 6+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
• 6+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
• 6+ years of experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
• An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role.
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Demonstrated history of gathering, analyzing, and learning from user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
• Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers.
• Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature.
• Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
• Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
• Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Creative and Graphic Design Information Technology