DESCRIPTION Amazon Payments Services build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We process millions of transactions every day worldwide across various payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. To power the Amazon flywheel, we are embarking on a journey to accelerate payments expansion worldwide and lead the FinTech innovation to deliver awesome payment experience to our customers through powerful and yet simple APIs. We need a Senior Technical Program Manager to define the strategy in collaboration with our product management and lead the design and execution of critical large-scale global programs across our Amazon platform software and services to fulfill our vision.
This role requires working with product managers to define strategy, requirements and timelines as well as lead cross-functional development teams through design, delivery and support. This position involves regular communication with senior management on roadmaps, progress, risks and change control. Technical design skills, project management and executive presentation skills are critical. You will provide project leadership, mitigate project risks, make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints.
The right candidate for this role is someone who has a strong program management background, is comfortable working with large, complex data sets, and has the ability to cultivate relationships and earn trust with teams both inside and outside of Amazon. You must be able to thrive in a start-up environment and be willing to not only operate strategically, but roll up your sleeves and help get the job done.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related technical program management in a software environment
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
• Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units including executive level
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Master's degree in a business or technology discipline or related field
• Payments Industry experience