The Middle-Mile Transportation Technology team builds the underlying technology that powers Amazon's middle-mile network across the globe. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, shippers, owner operators and drivers worldwide.
In Middle-Mile Transportation Technology we are continuously innovating on behalf of our customers to deliver wider selection, on time performance, and at lower prices.
We are seeking a seasoned technical leader with a strong track record of owning successful products. You'll build and manage programs including product leaders, operational staff, and engineers in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. As a technical leader, you'll need to be a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into workable technology solutions that scale both technologically and operationally. Given our rapid growth, you'll need to be able to lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth as well as be able and willing to roll up your sleeves and get hands on when necessary.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years experience managing complex technology projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• Prior experience with agile methodologies.
• Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects.
• Experience managing efforts in cloud hosted servicess, distributed systems and/or developing large scale mobile or web applications.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building and operating highly scalable, high availability service
• Proven track record of building innovative software solutions
• Experience building elegant, efficient and actionable user interfaces
• The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader and builder with strong business acumen and analytical skills.
• Experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives.
• Experience balancing technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. He/she needs to be constantly striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity, innovation and judgment.
Management and Executive